So, would it be a fair trade to exchange my Peavey 6505+112 for an LTD B-206 six string bass? As far as I know they're about the same price.

I'm looking for a good extended range bass for recording, and the ltd seems to be pretty good. I play stuff like progressive metal and rock, and some doom/post metal and their daughter genres. I've been offered a direct trade for the bass, and I'd be playing through a Line 6 pod HD.
I had one for a while and had to sell it for rent. It looks and plays pretty good, sounds okay, but I think if you throw in some decent electronics it can go far. I think the combo is worth a bit more than the bass, though, but if you like the bass more than the amp then go for it.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
The seller turned out to be a really cool guy and he could give the bass to me for a few days to try it out. The bass is pretty new, and my amp is pretty old so I think it's a fair trade. I also got offered 300 euros for the amp, which is the best offer I've had. The bass looks suitable though, so I'll try it and see if I like it. And I can always swap the pups
Yea that sounds good. 300 is a good price for that bass and if the amp is old and you don't want it anyway then Id say it's a good deal.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat