Hi,

I have a Boss GT10 and I don't like the sound of it anymore it sounds a bit too synthetic but because I can only play at home with a lot of volume control my choices are a bit limited so playing through a Marshall Stack with poweramp overdrive is a no no, so with this in mind what multi FX amp modeller that sounds realish with out the rancid digital fizzy squishy shitty sound many seem to suffer from would you recommend?
If you want an amp go for a vypyr tube or smaller if needs be

If you wanna change your modeller. Go for the line 6 hd500
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Quote by loki_lulamen

If you wanna change your modeller. Go for the line 6 hd500

Hi loki, Thanks for responding. I see there are two versions of the HD500 there is a HD500X wos the difference? also I see you live in SE London same as me, what bit of SE are you at?
Im in lewisham.

as far as i know, the 500X has a slightly better processer and as it is newer it will be supported for longer.

Both are damn good and worth the cash.
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Yep, the HD500X has a better processor, which means you can pack more digital effects into a preset than with a HD500. I have the non-X version and apart from that processing power limit thing, I am extremely content with it I've gigged with it, been to studio with it, I use it to practice... it can really do just about anything.
Guitars:
Epiphone Sheraton II
ESP LTD MH-1000FR
Vintage VRS100

Amps
Randall RH150G3 (and 412 cab)
Kustom RC30
Line 6 POD HD500
The HD500X is the current model (HD500 is its predecessor) and has a more powerful DSP chip, enabling the use of more FX in a single chain without running into the "out of DSP" message.

If you pick up a Pod, Google "Meambobbo's Pod HD Tone Guide" (nevermind -- did it for you: http://foobazaar.com/podhd/toneGuide/ ) for some great advice on moving beyond the presets and getting the most out of the processor (particularly where it applies to some fizzy digital leftovers here and there).

I'm currently using an HD with a Two-Notes Torpedo C.A.B. (at $549, it costs more than the HD500X). This provides cabinet IRs (you can add your own, actually) that the HD doesn't and it also provides simulations of particular tube power amp sections (EL84, 6L6, EL34, KT88, etc.). You'll find YouTube demos of it both on the Two Notes site and on YouTube.
For what it's worth I really like my Boss ME-50. Much more authentic sounding than the Boss GT line. They have the ME-80 out now, too which is just an expanded version of the ME-50
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Just replaced hd500 with boss me80. Spent more time messing with the 5,000,000 parameters and input output settings on the HD500 than I did playing guitar. It was a pain in the ass and the sounds were mainly a bit crap too, it actually made me not want to go and play guitar it was such a pain. ME80 is loads better IMHO. Digitech 360XP is pretty awesome too. Nice computer interface for setting up presets on that without all the fiddling around too. The ME80's is a bit crap in comparison to the digitech.