Hello everyone!

I play guitar since 3 months and I'm starting to ask myself a question always more frequently : How can i get the best from my guitar-routine?

I practice guitar 1 hour a day. If I'm learning a song or scale i play a whole hour trying to play it always better. The problem is that sometimes I get annoyed playing always the same things.

Do you have any tips?

Thank you very much in advance!!
Last edited by Guitcalifornia at Dec 30, 2014,
Hi
Maybe bring some variations into your guitar practice routine. Don't focus too much on one aspect of your development. You said yourself that is the source of your annoyance.

Maybe break your hour into segments of X minutes each, that you devote to different aspects of playing such as:

- warming up
- picking exercises
- fret hand exercises and fret finger independence (trills and such)
- theory and scales
- studying/learning the fretboard
- practicing that song or scale you've been stuck on
- ear training
(I could go on... I think you get the idea)

Hope it helps
Thank you for your prompt reply!

I also thought that i could break my hour into segments of X minutes each, but I'm learning guitar from a book, so i prefer to follow its exercises. When I will finish it i will start with other exercises too.

Do you have any tips?
Quote by Guitcalifornia
Thank you for your prompt reply!

I also thought that i could break my hour into segments of X minutes each, but I'm learning guitar from a book, so i prefer to follow its exercises. When I will finish it i will start with other exercises too.

Do you have any tips?

aside from what I already offered... Just keep it interesting and challenging when you practice. Don't let it become a boring chore.

Ideally you should find a routine where you look forward to practicing, because you know it's making you a better player. Good luck
justin guitar will help you free lessons its like haveing a teacher
justin guitar and take what you learn from that book and break it down.

what you learned before, to what you're learning now. fragment it
Experiment and try to develop your ear. Listen to lots of different music. If you can pick out 3 notes or chords from a piece of music it will help massively. Don't be afraid of trying the notes you wouldn't use.