Page 1 of 2
So last night I was ready to go to sleep. I was tired who his unusual for premix night so I was kind of looking forward to a full night if normal sleep. I had been in bed for a bit on my laptop doing normal computer things and I had already felt some movement around my elbow. I didn't think much of it cause I thought it as just a fly or mosquito cause it didn't feel like anything more. Anyway I turightw and lay down and as about to fall asleep when

BLAM

there was a cockroach running on my beard. I flicked it off and watched it as it shrunk away embarrassed into whichever dark nook it came from. Althought I wasn't terriblybothered, it was still unsettling. It probably laid eggs in my beard. But whatever.

What are some unsettling things that happen to you?
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
I've had a spider crawling on me in bed before. That's it though.

Friend of mine had a rat run across his face. Pretty funny
My God, it's full of stars!
I've had a spider drop down on me. Saw it climbing down on its web out the corner of my eye but didn't think anything of it until i felt a tickle on my cheek.

Fuq dat.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Yeah just spiders crawling on me.

I'm not even scared of spiders but it's an extremely startling thing to happen when you're asleep and not expecting it.
when I was working offshore, I had a cheap motel room for a night and checked in. Place was so sketchy I thought about leaving before I left the lobby. Go in, drop my bag, go to take a piss. A naked chick was laying in the tub with a needle sticking out of her arm and foaming from the mouth. Called 911, I think she lived.

Tried to get her number but EMT wasn't having it.

As far as cockroaches go, worked and slept on a crew boat for a week and a half that was infested, and I mean INFESTED, with bedbugs and cockroaches 4" long. All night you'd get bitten and the roaches would fall on you from the ceiling.
Projection booth at work is very unsettling. Very dark, ceiling tiles missing, lots of noise, you see shit when it's like 2 am in the morning.

Worst part is that the entire place has a certain rhythm to it. All the machines constantly being on puts out a certain hum you hear no matter where you are in booth, and it's always weird when you hear things other than that hum, cause there shouldn't be anything else but that certain type of noise.
I find KNuckles (read: Gary) pretty unsettling.

But if we're talking non-UG things, centipedes. We had them in Hawaii. They sting you, and it hurts like a mother****er. Worst part is they know they're badasses, so they try to run all over you.
One time a black widow climbed up my leg. Another time a really weird worm looking thing that had legs crawled out of my book while I was reading it. And when I was a kid, I found a live mealworm in my Cracker Jack's box. I haven't had Cracker Jack's since...
"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."
Last edited by songbird64 at Dec 30, 2014,
Good thing cockroaches aren't common around here.

We have a lot of stinkbugs here, but they're more annoying than gross. And occasionally nasty centipedes and large spiders in my basement.

Quote by BUZZARD__
when I was working offshore, I had a cheap motel room for a night and checked in. Place was so sketchy I thought about leaving before I left the lobby. Go in, drop my bag, go to take a piss. A naked chick was laying in the tub with a needle sticking out of her arm and foaming from the mouth. Called 911, I think she lived.

As far as cockroaches go, worked and slept on a crew boat for a week and a half that was infested, and I mean INFESTED, with bedbugs and cockroaches 4" long. All night you'd get bitten and the roaches would fall on you from the ceiling.

jfc
Sometime in elementary and during lunchtime, this girl sitting next to me bit into a chicken nugget. As she's tearing back and chewing, out emerges this really fat worm from the center of the nugget, wriggling all about.

Quote by MeTallIcA313

the things i would do to live in a cockroach free area

Quote by BUZZARD__

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by MeTallIcA313

We have a lot of stinkbugs here, but they're more annoying than gross. And occasionally nasty centipedes and large spiders in my basement.

yea, I don't think I've ever seen a cockroach

And yep to the second part too. Stinkbugs everywhere and those giant house centipedes in the basement are awful. Fast as shit too.

I saw a Wolf Spider earlier this year and it scared the shit out of me
Last edited by WCPhils at Dec 30, 2014,
There was a 2 inch spider on my shoe this morning and i didnt notice until after I put them on cuz i was half asleep. But it didn't bite me so that's good.
cat
some fkn dildo ran out in the middle of the street at like 3 AM when me and a friend were on our way home and we almost steamrolled his ass

dude would have gotten so got
Dear God you guys are lucky to just have spiders.

I live in a pretty old ghetto house with some neighbors who own some chicken farm. Cockroaches are incredibly common during the summer. Even worse, they're sometimes the flying ones.

OT: A cockroach once crawled on the back of my neck. I flicked it off real quick and it landed inside my cup. :/

That was probably the worse, besides the time I put my shoe on and felt a cockroach crawling around inside. I'd much rather just have spiders crawl on me. That sounds tons more settling.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Dec 30, 2014,
Don't really get cockroaches in homes over here, just in dodgy fast food outlets etc. Think the closest thing I can think of is a spider running across my face once tbh. Once woke up to a dead wasp underneath my head (around the temple area on side of head) and a lump where it must have stung me as it was squashed... don't have a clue how I didn't wake up tbh.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
when it comes to giant flying cockroaches I'd be too traumatised to even discuss it casually like this. >_>
I have been watching this spider in my bedroom for a week, every evening he is in the other corner on the ceiling.. probably waiting till its really hungry
Quote by James Hetfield
Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is GONE.

http://www.youtube.com/intwernet
Guitar and acoustic bass covers with creative editing
Quote by WCPhils
I saw a Wolf Spider earlier this year and it scared the shit out of me

this was a common thing I dealt with before I moved into the city and I don't think I ever could get used to it, there's something angry and hateful about them that scares the shit out of me

When I lived in the country basically everything was unsettling, the only reason we didn't have cockroaches was because everything else ate them

every now and then I'd walk outside and get into a staring contest with a random stray dog or the occasional coyote

wasps

strange spiders

snakes (every now and then a rattlesnake would manage to make it's way to our driveway)

the only people that came around were either field workers or people with meth labs

I don't miss the country life at all lol
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I find KNuckles (read: Gary) pretty unsettling.

But if we're talking non-UG things, centipedes. We had them in Hawaii. They sting you, and it hurts like a mother****er. Worst part is they know they're badasses, so they try to run all over you.

luuuuuv uuuuuuuuu
i dont think cockroaches even exist around here
i mean i've never seen one in the wild so i guess thats good
Quote by BUZZARD__

This sounds like what'll happen to me if hell exists.

Especially if the boat is in the middle of the ocean.

Quote by RylanThePotato

I don't miss the country life at all lol

I don't live in the country. I currently live in rich-suburb land (as you know).

Even this makes me feel the same way. I get chased by a pack of javelinas and everyone's all like 'that's normal that's what you get for going out at night in such revealing clothing smfh'.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Dec 30, 2014,
Quote by Baby Joel
What are some unsettling things that happen to you?

Urrrr reading these posts? I seriously have a phobia of cockroaches.
When I was a kid in Florida I went into our laundry room and one of these ****ing massive tropical jungle roaches or w/e dropped onto me from the ceiling. Thinking about it over a decade later still gives me the heebie jeebies.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
oh i was in the woods once and one of those prickly caterpillars dropped on me and scared the shit out of me for a second

id have been less freaked out if it were just one of the fuzzy nice ones
Quote by ErikLensherr
When I was a kid in Florida I went into our laundry room and one of these ****ing massive tropical jungle roaches or w/e dropped onto me from the ceiling. Thinking about it over a decade later still gives me the heebie jeebies.

haha tropical jungle roach. I'm guessing you mean the palmetto bug?
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by BUZZARD__

nice
Quote by ErikLensherr

I'm originally from the mean streets of PORTER, TEXAS i.e. trailer park east Texas where I spent a summer in my grandma's house with no roof over the bathroom because it got ripped off during a hurricane or something. So many giant roach horror stories from that era.

I told this story before but when they cleaned out that house there were tons of dead roaches under their bed, apparently stacked high enough that you could wade through it like shallow water. I don't doubt it.

Also I remember she pulled an ice cube out of the ice box one day and there was a roach frozen in it. Idk if that's possible under those circumstances but I remember it clearly. Hopefully it was just a dream.
Quote by Dreadnought
haha tropical jungle roach. I'm guessing you mean the palmetto bug?

That is actually what it kinda looked like.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
http://i59.tinypic.com/2a7z905.jpg
/sigh

Fuck you, Gary.

Sorry. Habit.

On a side note, congrats on getting married. I hope it was a lovely day.
Yes, thank you. It was an awesome day. My wife and I had great fun, and I think everyone else did too.

OT:
To contribute properly...we once had this green 10-legged arachnid in our washer/dryer closet. We tried spraying the thing with RAID, and it was just like, "Hahaha! That all you got?!". Then, it hid somewhere; I assume this was because we had all pulled off our shoes and primed the heels for smashing. We never found it or killed it. But, boy was it fucking scary!
palmetto bug is just slang for a variety of roaches but usually the american cockroach which is a giant tropical jungle roach so yeah they're all the same to me.

actually i looked it up and there is a specific palmetto bug which is a specific roach native to florida and the carribean. i've just always heard that term in slang form. same shit minus flight ability though tbh.
All I know is it was way bigger and faster than your standard NYC roach.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Page 1 of 2