So i've been playing guitar casually for about 4 years now, but really just learning songs here and there. I can fingerpick well, and I can play things more complicated than this song, but I can't figure this picking pattern out for the life of me. I was wondering if anyone might be familiar with the technique of have any advice to help me figure this out. I am playing guitar full force now and I'm trying to learn as much as I can, thanks!

(Tuning is e flat if that helps anyone)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOciMrUZSpA
Any particular point of time in this video?

It seems like a pretty straightforward arpeggio variation, maybe you're confusing his hammer-on's and legato for extra plucks?
My God, it's full of stars!
I think I figured it out relatively closely with the exception maybe of some of the accents, but I'm pretty sure he changes the picking pattern on the power chord since there is no hammer on there and that's where I get lost.

also Legato? I'm not familiar with that term.

Thanks!
Quote by dmg11
I think I figured it out relatively closely with the exception maybe of some of the accents, but I'm pretty sure he changes the picking pattern on the power chord since there is no hammer on there and that's where I get lost.

also Legato? I'm not familiar with that term.

Thanks!

It's just an old Italian term that means "smoothly", basically. It translates to slurs/hammerons/pullofs/slides/etc
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
It's just an old Italian term that means "smoothly", basically. It translates to slurs/hammerons/pullofs/slides/etc

Got it thanks!
It is kind of difficult to see exactly what he is doing. I notice that he is only picking with his thumb, index, and middle fingers and that he is not using the high E string at all in this song. Its a nice sound with the hammer on's on the bass strings.

Here's a thought.....ask him. Via YouTube messaging. Its worth a try.