Can u export a drum tab from Ultimate Guitar as a MIDI file?

Much appreciated

Thanks

- Steve
Steve, as far as I know you can't do that from the text files. You'd have to enter that into a program such as Power-Tab or Guitar Pro, and then export the file as a MIDI.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Steve, as far as I know you can't do that from the text files. You'd have to enter that into a program such as Power-Tab or Guitar Pro, and then export the file as a MIDI.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using Logic X and I want to import the drum tab into Logic as a midi file. How can I do that?

Thanks for any help.

Steve
Quote by Dreadnought

I am using Logic. What do you mean "enter that into a program such as Power-Tab". Would I have to manually input each drum beat from Ultimate Guitar into Logic? I am hoping someone figured out a way to stream-line the process.

I am willing to pay for a subscription to Ultimate-Guitar Pro if it has an option to export its tabs as midi files into DAWs (eg -Logic, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc). If any one has knowledge please advise.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

- Steve
Steve,

As far as I know, there is currently no ability within Tab Pro to export any of the instruments, or tab entirely, as a MIDI file. It is a good idea, however.

I recommend that you create a thread in this subforum and hopefully they can add that feature into newer versions of the software.
My God, it's full of stars!
If you download a guitar pro file & open it in TuxGuitar, you can clear out the tracks you don't want & export whats left as midi.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
If you download a guitar pro file & open it in TuxGuitar, you can clear out the tracks you don't want & export whats left as midi.

Interesting. I will check that out!
Quote by Dreadnought
That's the same thing I told you earlier! haha

I guess the more relevant question is, can Ultimate-Guitar export its tabs and if yes, what type of file are they exported as? If files are not exported, then what file type can they be saved as?

Then I can determine if that type of file can be opened in Logic

Thanks
Last edited by courtlaw at Jan 1, 2015,
I don't think Tab-Pro can be exported.

The Guitar Pro ones can - there's a nice big 'Download Guitar Pro Tab' button towards the bottom of the page. They are downloaded as GP files. Using the tux guitar package I mentioned earlier, it can then be saved in a format that your DAW can work with.

Isn't that just the same question we already answered?
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
I don't think Tab-Pro can be exported.

The Guitar Pro ones can - there's a nice big 'Download Guitar Pro Tab' button towards the bottom of the page. They are downloaded as GP files. Using the tux guitar package I mentioned earlier, it can then be saved in a format that your DAW can work with.

Isn't that just the same question we already answered?

Okay got it -- the file is saved as .gp file. That is what I needed to know. I'll go check and see if Logic can open .gp files. If not (and I'll be surprised if it does) I'll try Tux as you suggested.

Thanks