And I played a bunch of cool stuff!

Here are some impressions:

EVH 5150 III 50 watt - Played this with a Derek Trucks SG (I am dying for one of these now) through the matching cab. I actually hadn't played one until today, but it did not disappoint! To start with, the red channel was soooo tasty. Everything I like about the 6505 but better really, just super tight and yet fatter than the 6505 could be. I really liked this channel for all things metal and lead. The blue channel I didn't spend very long on, so I won't comment on it as I don't think I got a good feel for it. The clean channel was excellent, very pretty and full, I wouldn't buy the amp for the clean channel but it sounded awesome considering the price (though I actually like my Krank's clean better ). I popped off a couple blues and country licks and with the gain up a bit it ate it up.

Mesa F50 - This one was a bit of a miss for me. Pretty nice clean channel, I actually preferred it to the dirt channel, real nice and deep, just how I like it. The reverb made it even better. The dirt channel just didn't do it for me, it reminded me of a Recto but less oomph, probably because of the 112 format, but I remember my two-channel having way more knock even through a 112 cab. It wasn't like it sounded bad, I just wish that it had been more like it's big brother.

Diezel Lil Fokker - HOLY SHIT THIS AMP! I cannot say enough good about this amp, gorgeous clean that just made every note sparkle and blossom, and full chords just sang. The dirt though is obviously where this guy shined. As can be expected from a Diezel, very tight, very chunky, but this one comes with a bit of a Marshall flavor, to my delight. Lots of that distinct Marshall midrange but still very Diezel, I preferred this to the DMoll and the Herbert. If I bought a Diezel, this would be the one.

Diezel Herbert - I only played channel 3 and the clean on this one, and while I didn't like this one as much as the Lil Fokker, I was still impressed. This is possibly the most powerful sounding amp I have ever played, just and absolutely massive sound, but not flubbly like my Recto. I had an employee back there with me flipping switches and twisting knobs so I didn't get to play with the controls, but from what I heard the mid-shift (or whatever it is) made a big difference, and I preferred the scooped sound, super gnarly for metal riffage and fast thrashy stuff. All that said, it just wasn't my cup of tea, it was almost too intense for me, and I just couldn't make myself love it, there was something that was just missing. Definitely something I'd like to hear again, but I didn't hear $4000 worth of amp.

Diezel DMoll - I didn't spend long with this one, but the time I did spend gave the impression that it isn't nearly as tight as the Herbie or the Fokker. It reminded me a bit of the Herbie tonally, not a million miles apart, but just not as clear or punchy. On the cheaper end of Diezels I would definitely buy the Fokker.

Well that was my trip, I didn't really play any new guitars other than the Trucks SG (which was a dream), I used a Luke III for all the Diezel jamming. I briefly tried the new Monky sig (Korn 7-string), the Apex I think it was called, but I'm not really an Ibanez or 7-string guy so I quickly put it back down. Nice enough guitar, but I feel like it is hard to screw up something so simple.

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear your thoughts on these amps!
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Damn, I didn’t know GC sold Diezel. That’s good for Diezel, they used to have terrible US distribution and the shipping was nuts.
5150 III 50 watt love.

Blue channel is sexy with a boost.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Yeah I figured the blue channel would be good I just didn't spend a lot of time on it.

^^ I have seen Diezel on the online store before but this is the first time I have ever seen them at a store
For the F-50, did you have Contour engaged? It's basically a third channel with a little more gain and a preset "V" shape of the GEQ from the Mark series. Turns it into a totally different animal. Love my F-50.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
you went to hollywood guitar center and we get no pics of vintage gear?

**** you man. **** you.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
nice reviews

i haven't tried anything you tried there (well, maybe the f series but I think i've only tried the 100 and 30).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You still in town? There's LOTS LOTS LOTS more to see.
Had I known, I would have met you at the Griddle Cafe (just up the street past Fairfax) for pancakes.
Mike: yeah I had it engaged, it was better but still it just didn't do it for me. I just don't think its the amp for me

Greg: I know man I should have, I was so distracted by all the gear I didn't even think to take any pics

Dspellman: I'm actually staying with family in Thousand Oaks, I doubt I'll make it out to Hollywood again (no mode of transportation minus my feet). If you have any suggestions though I'll see if it's possible!
no worries. great reviews!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Honestly, for the F-50: Treb: 1 o'clock, Mid: 3 o'clock, Bass 10 o'clock, Contour on. Gain at noon. Kick ass tone there. Not great for recording though, better live sound.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Thanks for the reviews, I'm jealous you got to try out such quality gear! The only nice GC I've been to was in Times Square.
Gear
3rd Power Amplification HD100
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Strat

Check out my YouTube channel!
Quote by LaidBack
Honestly, for the F-50: Treb: 1 o'clock, Mid: 3 o'clock, Bass 10 o'clock, Contour on. Gain at noon. Kick ass tone there. Not great for recording though, better live sound.

It's funny that's about what I had it dialed into It wasn't a bad amp by any means, it just seemed wasn't wnough of one thing for me to love it, it had the Mark thing going on, it had the Recto thing going on, but it just wasn't enough of either to win me over.
I got the idea from you

I just take it as an excuse to nerd out about gear
Quote by dementiacaptain
It's funny that's about what I had it dialed into It wasn't a bad amp by any means, it just seemed wasn't wnough of one thing for me to love it, it had the Mark thing going on, it had the Recto thing going on, but it just wasn't enough of either to win me over.

I'd say it's the speaker in the cab. Was it the head or the combo?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Combo, I also considered that. They come with Black Shadows?
Quite like the sound of the Fender 5150, but I could never get on with the Peavey 6505. The Fender sounds awesome though and much better.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Now that I've heard the III I definitely like it better than any of the Peaveys. The Peaveys are still an incredible bargain, but the EVH sounds better.