Page 1 of 2
Theres always that extra baggage a guitar player carries around. You often find yourself juggling between pros and cons when meeting a new guy to jam with. Maybe you are lucky to find a dedicated, inspired, driven player who comes up with lots of original ideas. The chances are when that happens he has some kind of problem with addiction, massive ego, self centered, and stubborn.

Usually the nicest guys are the ones who aren't any good at guitar. So you get the guitar player who sucks now. He steals ideas from other songs and tries to put one off on you, the drummer has to constantly bother him to come up with originals, hes lazy, he always shows up late to practice, and his girlfriend lets us know when she thinks it is the best time for us to jam.

It is very rare you can have both the nice guy and the reliable driven player who is always coming up with new material. So my question is, whats wrong with guitar players? Why are we all such weirdos?
Quote by NWD2100
addiction, massive ego, self centered, and stubborn.

The first is needed ( tone addict), the middle two are for stage presence and funny interviews, and the last one is for the behind-the-scenes business practices so the record companies don't win
Meh the best guitarist I jam with is like me and we are both sarcastic, stubborn cynics with a dark sense of humour and an affinity for whiskey (well, any spirit). We are both mean to each other. I love it. So we're probably the weirdos the other band members look at side ways. Often they are the ones offended at what we've said to each other... haha joke's on them I guess.

In another band (sort of) atm, getting us all together has been a NIGHTMARE let's just leave it there... my nice façade is wearing very thin.
Last edited by mind_meld at Dec 31, 2014,
Ever consider the problem is with you, and not everyone else, TS?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Ever consider the problem is with you, and not everyone else, TS?

I considered it. No I think it's getting a bunch of unmotivated kids together. Well it's just the guitarist in particular. Having said that it's the drummer who has organised this but he hasn't got a job (and hasn't been real enthusiastic on going out to find one), no money, no credit and now no working phone, no internet (because he hasn't paid his bills)... so he's asked me to contact everyone and make sure the guitarist has learnt the songs. Like it's my responsibility. What, am I supposed to take him to the toilet now too.
Quote by mind_meld
I considered it. No I think it's getting a bunch of unmotivated kids together. Well it's just the guitarist in particular. Having said that it's the drummer who has organised this but he hasn't got a job (and hasn't been real enthusiastic on going out to find one), no money, no credit and now no working phone, no internet (because he hasn't paid his bills)... so he's asked me to contact everyone and make sure the guitarist has learnt the songs. Like it's my responsibility. What, am I supposed to take him to the toilet now too.

Well, drummers have difficulty taking themselves to the toilet. And remembering to breathe and so on.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Well, drummers have difficulty taking themselves to the toilet. And remembering to breathe and so on.

Well he's more together than this guitarist, so that's saying something!! I told the drummer to think of someone else who could play if this guy can't make it, otherwise I'll call my cynical evil musical genius friend.
Quote by mind_meld
Well he's more together than this guitarist, so that's saying something!! I told the drummer to think of someone else who could play if this guy can't make it, otherwise I'll call my cynical evil musical genius friend.

I can't really criticise anyone for not being together(well, I can, and will, but I shouldn't), seeing as I'm roughly as together as the horsehead nebula.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I can't really criticise anyone for not being together(well, I can, and will, but I shouldn't), seeing as I'm roughly as together as the horsehead nebula.

At least you have internet.
What's not wrong with guitar players?

pony up and play Electro Swing like a real man.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
never try to work with me, I'm, quote, "a bass player who has 'ideas' about what we should do" unquote.

**** you Jennifer
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96
never try to work with me, I'm, quote, "a bass player who has 'ideas' about what we should do" unquote.

**** you Jennifer

You play the bass. You're lucky they even acknowledge that you exist.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Ah! Thanks you just solved my problem with aforementioned band... I'm the bassist hence the lack of acknowledgement etc... Thank you sir!
Quote by mind_meld
Ah! Thanks you just solved my problem with aforementioned band... I'm the bassist hence the lack of acknowledgement etc... Thank you sir!

Well there's your problem. Might I suggest learning a real instrument? Possibly a 9 string guitar so you can Djent like a mofo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-zKMsj5rio

You're welcome.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Dec 31, 2014,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Well there's your problem. Might I suggest learning a real instrument? Possibly a 9 string guitar so you can Djent like a mofo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-zKMsj5rio

You're welcome.

ok ok to be fair, I'm a guitarist who can play bass *slowly distances self from bassist identification*
Quote by mind_meld
ok ok to be fair, I'm a guitarist who can play bass *slowly distances self from bassist identification*

wow way to stick to your guns
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
obviously most you pick up instruments either do so for escapism or beacuse their parents made them

guitar (electric) is especially prone to angsty losers picking it up in their teens and later becoming adults with excessive amounts of baggage.

or some pseudo-psych babble.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
obviously most you pick up instruments either do so for escapism or beacuse their parents made them

guitar (acoustic hipster trash) is especially prone to angsty losers picking it up in their teens and later becoming adults with excessive amounts of baggage.

or some pseudo-psych babble.

I think what you really mean is this
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

I'm just glad they don't know Jennifer.

And I was only the bass player because the guitarist's hands 'were too small to play bass properly.'
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96
I'm just glad they don't know Jennifer.

And I was only the bass player because the guitarist's hands 'were too small to play bass properly.'

That's no excuse. I've got the smallest by a long way, it's a miracle I can even play guitar.
Quote by mind_meld
That's no excuse. I've got the smallest by a long way, it's a miracle I can even play guitar.

Quote by mind_meld

Quote by mind_meld
I've got the smallest by a long way

You said it, I just took it out of context and used a ridiculous font size.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You said it, I just took it out of context and used a ridiculous font size.

I really should have put that in a full sentence
OP forgot to mention that guy who plays guitar and has to mention it to everyone he meets that he plays at a Grade 8 level when in reality he really sucks.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by Nero Galon
OP forgot to mention that guy who plays guitar and has to mention it to everyone he meets that he plays at a Grade 8 level when in reality he really sucks.

I`ve always wondered what was about. Is that a UK thing or a music school thing?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I`ve always wondered what was about. Is that a UK thing or a music school thing?

I don't know. Probably a music school thing. Like you can pick to study music at GCSE/A Level and Uni and I think they use "grades" to show the level you can play at I guess?

Either way, this Grade 8 guitar player I know is pretty shitty. But I know a Grade 8 sax player and he is pretty groovy.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by Nero Galon
I don't know. Probably a music school thing. Like you can pick to study music at GCSE/A Level and Uni and I think they use "grades" to show the level you can play at I guess?

Either way, this Grade 8 guitar player I know is pretty shitty. But I know a Grade 8 sax player and he is pretty groovy.

Ah cool thanks for clearing that up.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Nero Galon

I'm kind of like that with the piano, but that's because I've got nothing else going for me.

if you need proof, you simply have to look at the picture of me on my profile
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

He's just jealous of the length of your bass. Get him a baritone and he'll be much better.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by necrosis1193
He's just jealous of the length of your bass. Get him a baritone and he'll be much better.

**** that, I never would have spent money on that arsehole
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by NWD2100
Theres always that extra baggage a guitar player carries around. You often find yourself juggling between pros and cons when meeting a new guy to jam with.

What's wrong with other musicians? They easily fit all this too.

Even worse, what's wrong with you?! You're generalizing an entire group, like some kind of giant douchebag.
Everyone is like this. Have you ever worked anywhere where most of your co-worker were not self-centered and stubborn?
Lol the "nice" one sounded like Avenged Sevenfold. If y'all haven't done so already, look up Aces High by Maiden and compare the intro to This Means War by Avenged Sevenfold. Pretty much the same thing
Quote by Dr.Cheese
Everyone is like this. Have you ever worked anywhere where most of your co-worker were not self-centered and stubborn?

this
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
What's wrong with other musicians? They easily fit all this too.

Even worse, what's wrong with you?! You're generalizing an entire group, like some kind of giant douchebag.

yeah guys lets get serious here
Quote by soundgarden1986
Screw your bases. If she doesn't let me go elbow deep in her ass on the first date, it wasn't meant to be.

Quote by willT08
Every thread on here to do with audio quality is like walking into a paddock of shit slinging chimps
one of them is me.

that's a ****ton of problems right there lmao
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Page 1 of 2