Was just looking for advice on a new delay pedal. Already have a boss DD7 which i love the analogue setting on however I'm looking for a designated analogue/analogue voiced delay with either modulation or tap tempo or maybe both. Don't like the carbon copy so not that. Was looking at the electroharmonix deluxe memory boy or the earthquaker devices disaster transport. Any advice would be appreciated. My budget it £150 or $250. Cheers
Line 6 DL4 is a pretty popular one. It's more of a Delay/Echo all in one. Can easily be had about $100-150 used or $250 new.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
ok cheers may have a further look into it looked at in once but wasn't overly interest due to the big pedal footprint!
Walrus Audio is making a delay soon (I think) so that's bound to be good.

Does the DL4 have expression/tap tempo parameters? And does the Memory Man (Hazari?) have them as well? Those would be deal-breakers for me if I was buying an expensive delay.
hazari has them i think denno with the DL4 but hazari has a very digital sound. Deluxe Memory boy has tap tempo
Deluxe memory boys go for 100 bucks used all year long and they are pretty sweet. You might find a tap tempo one for 150. There are eqd delay pedals that are tap tempo as well.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Yup, DL4 has tap tempo. Last button on the right.

Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
buy this right now. this is such a supid awesome deal i may buy it and i dont even need another pedal. 179 bucks.

http://proguitarshop.com/tc-electronic-alter-ego-x4.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXMPre19xBY
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Last edited by ikey_ at Dec 31, 2014,
Walrus makes the Descent, and Blackout Effectors makes the Cadavernous- both awesome.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by ikey_
buy this right now. this is such a supid awesome deal i may buy it and i dont even need another pedal. 179 bucks.

http://proguitarshop.com/tc-electronic-alter-ego-x4.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXMPre19xBY

Thanks for the heads up!! I'm using the original AE right now, and I absolutely love the eco rec and mod settings. I've been wanting the AEx4 for a while now, but was waiting to save up! I highly recommend it!.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
mxr carbon copy is great but if that not your fancy have a look at digitech
Last edited by CallumRocks99 at Dec 31, 2014,
Quote by CallumRocks99
mxr carbon copy

OP stated he doesn't want a CC, and would like tap tempo
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
I had a TC alter ego and it was badass, the flashback is another great pedal. Never seen an AE4, that is news to me. Maybe my next delay will be that.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
To me it looking like I'm gonna have to choose between the ELectroHarmonix Deluxe Memory boy or the Way Huge supa-puss!!
Quote by NateAndHisTele
To me it looking like I'm gonna have to choose between the ELectroHarmonix Deluxe Memory boy or the Way Huge supa-puss!!

i would recommend the malekko 616. i paid $90 used. ($150 new). it has a good modulation modes, and one big reason is that the aquapuss only has 300ms of delay vs the 616 haveing 600 opens the doors a little bit more. also i am not sure if the auapuss does or not, but the volume trimpot if you pop the back off is nice. also has switchable TB or BBP

both nice pedals though.

the EHX DMB is good as well.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Check out the Way Huge Aqua / Supa Puss. It's pretty similar to the Deluxe Memory Boy, but just better. Also you get the better build quality and reliability of Way Huge (MXR) compared to EHX.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
well i know the meomry boys and mans are huge steps up from the atrocity of the memory toy. i think the man is really the big boy model.

from my opinion, the puss is a GREAT analog pedal but it is a pure analog, about 300 ms. its kinda a 1 trick pony. to me, its like, dial it in for "that tone" thats thats how your going to use it entirely. the super puss adds a lot of flexibility.

super puss compared to memory boy, id take the puss. against memory man, closes the gap. but the puss has the dual thing going on. thats cool.

i really like the TC pedals. the digital modeling really ids top notch to the point when you do an A/b, its very hard to tell. technology these days. for 179 on a pedal with 4 buttons...i dont care what pedal, anything with that much going on for 179 is a steal.

the TC sound quality and tone print really bring it home for me. im sitting here thinking if i should buy it, and then sell my regular flashback. its really really hard right now...
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)