I don't know in which part of the forum this belongs, so I'll try to post it here.
So the problem with my D-string is, when I put on distortion, it sounds lower on the 7th fret, while the strings is correctly tuned (according to my electronic tuner and guitar tuna app).

So is this a problem with my string or my amplifier?
And how can I fix this?

Any help is appreciated, cause I need that note to play Mannish Boy .
Wait, you mean that it actually produces a lower pitch when you fret the D string on the 7th fret or do you mean it is slightly flat and is not producing an in tune A?

The first problem may be an issue with your distortion or some unknown effect going on, that or you need to get your ears checked. The latter is an intonation problem and can be corrected with a quick turn of a screw.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Last edited by TheStig1214 at Dec 31, 2014,
If I had to guess anything it would be an intonation problem because it would still read correct open tuning but flat 7th fret. The distortion is just making it easier to hear the dissonance.
Quote by Trowzaa
Why do you and your mates all drive old vehicles?
Please say you've got mates with old ambulances and fire engines too. That'd be brilliant.
What kind of guitar is it?

Usually there is a screw holding the saddle in place on the side of the bridge towards the neck or the opposite side towards the strap button (see pics). Easiest way to adjust intonation is hold the guitar in playing position. Tune the open string to pitch. Then fret the 12th fret and play the string. Since what you will most likely see is the pitch is flat at the 12th fret you need to turn the screw whichever way will move the saddle closer to the neck. Make 1/4 turn adjustments, retune the string, recheck the correctness of the pitch at the 12th fret and repeat until the 12th fret is in tune or "intonated".

These are the screws you are looking for:

Tune O Matic type bridge

"Strat Type" Hardtail (4 screws on left)

If you have a Floyd Rose or other trem I can't help you.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
^My guitar is an Ibanez GRX70DXJ (it's from a starter pack). The bridge seems like a strat type hardtail.