Rookie acoustic-electric guitarist here. I'm currently running my acoustic into garageband on an ipad via a griffin connect cable, but have decided to move to a DAW on my pc.

I've looked into the scarlet solo/2i2 and really like the user feedback, but am not sure that I need a mic input. Are there quality USB guitar interfaces without a mic input that would be comparable in quality to the scarlets, but cost less than the $99-$150 pricetag (as it doesn't have the mic input)?

I just want a clean input from my guitar to the pc. No mic. No additional instruments.

I've seen the following, but don't get the feeling these are quality pieces of hardware:

- Behringer UCA202 Audio Interface
- Behringer GUITAR LINK UCG102
- Guitar Link USB Interface Link Cable Audio Adapter

Could use some recommendations!
The 2i2 also works as a DI just use your guitar cable.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
i bought the scarlet 2i4 and i couldn't be happier. i am running it with reaper. sounds phenomenal, easy to use, haven't ran into any issues or anything. nice solid unit.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Go to the Recordings forum & read the stickies, there are loads of recommendations there.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
^That

But personally I would go with something like the Scarlett, even if you don't want the mic inputs right now. If you're getting into home recording, odds are that at some point down the road, you will want to use a mic for something; And then you'll be mad that you didn't buy a proper interface from the start. Thats just my 2 cents.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H