Poll: How long can you play solo?
Poll Options
View poll results: How long can you play solo?
0-15 minutes
15 33%
15-30 minutes
6 13%
30-45 minutes
4 9%
45 minutes - 1 hour
1 2%
1 hour - 1 hour 30 minutes
5 11%
more than 1 hour 30 minutes
14 31%
Voters: 45.
If someone were to call you up right now and ask you to play a solo guitar gig (or other instrument) , how long would you be able to play for? You can include songs that you can sing and play, or just play solo guitar. But you can't just play riffs and chords or shred some scales, because no one wants to hear that. I'm talking solo arrangements of songs, with melody and some kind of self-accompaniment.

EDIT: Plz pretend Macs don't exist for this thread
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Jan 1, 2015,
who the hell goes into solo mode for more than 1 hour and 30 minutes?!?
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Just me with a guitar: like 10-15 minutes tops lol, in terms of how many full songs with melody and all that I can play well.

Once my singing improves it'll be a lot longer.

Give me a macbook and I could make it even longer.
Quote by 457undead
who the hell goes into solo mode for more than 1 hour and 30 minutes?!?

read the OP dude.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
read the OP dude.

oh shit, sorry. didn't read close enough.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Just me by myself...hmm, I'm a shit vocalist, but I can sing along with about 30mins worth of songs with just me on acoustic guitar. With a full band, I could get up and play for about 2 hours I reckon
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Give me one refresher session and I'm pretty sure I could do a two or three hour gig. I've never done a full four hour bar gig before though.
i don't have enough songs memorized to go for too long. most of the stuff i play on my guitar are little ideas i've come up with or my own songs. it's fine, though; i don't play for other people often anyway.
So long as I could have lyrics in front of me (and chords for some songs) as a reminder, I could do an acoustic set of about 60-90 minutes with stuff I've played live in the past.

Doing it without the reminder would probably cut me down to about 15-20 minutes.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
On my own, maybe 7 songs each 2-4 minutes long if playing to an average crowd. If I had sheet music, I could go for maybe 20 minutes, 30 if I played /everything/ I knew.

If I'm at a doom gig or something I could go for 30-50 minutes with ease. Have arrangements of Earth's Seven Angels and Monarch!'s Sabbat Noir, so I can go on forever.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Jan 1, 2015,
Well I had to play for 2 hours during a presentation night as background music (solo acoustic guitar), and managed to do it along with retuning (every song was in a different tuning) in between songs, a few breaks and a couple of improv tidbits. So I'd say I could do more than 1 1/2 hours, though I would be pulling out just about every song.
however long ode to joy is because I can play that on like any instrument well only guitar and piano but i can play more stuff on piano but i'm still shitty at it so like one minute i think
¯\_()_/¯
I have at least 15-20 songs that I can play reasonably well. I voted 0-15 minutes because I can't sing to save my life. If it was a duo and included a singer, I could do well past 1.5 hours(average of 5 mins/song).
Prob wouldn't sing to everything but I could go up to two hours if I had a setlist, otherwise I wouldn't remember all the songs I can play : It would be the most random setlist though
At least a couple of hours, half of them would be instrumental though.
Check out my Black/Death metal band!
galadh.bandcamp.com

Quote by StewieSwan
I had unprotected sex with an underage, pro-life, christian girl. Beat that.

all of it? like, an hour to 75 minutes or smth like that

edit: wait, like just playing by yourself?

thats dumb
banned
Quote by deadsmileyface
wait, like just playing by yourself?

thats dumb
lmao
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Guitar - twenty minutes without reminders an hour with

Piano - probably until my fingers bleed, I remember more than 75% of the thing I've learned on the piano
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by mind_meld
I guess if all else fails just play the blues

my guitar repertoire just increased by 10 - 20 minutes
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96
my guitar repertoire just increased by 10 - 20 minutes

Buddy you can play til your fingers bleed and the bone is exposed!
Quote by mind_meld
Buddy you can play til your fingers bleed and the bone is exposed!

At which point you should be able to improvise the lyrics to 'the red finger blues'

EDIT: I realise the disgusting innuendo in 'red fingers' just as I hit submit reply
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Jan 1, 2015,
3-4 hours if you count blues wanking. I figure it'll take that long for my fingers to get tired.

Actual songs? maybe 30-45 minutes.

I used to pull ~4-5 hours at a job I worked at, but I was entertaining on the patio at a restaurant, so I could cycle the same 30-60 minute set over and over and no one would be the wiser.
Last edited by mjones1992 at Jan 1, 2015,
original songs worth 35ish minutes i.e my solo record

after that i'd be able to throw in some covers to make it perhaps 45-50 minutes tops absolutely tops.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by MeGaDeth2314

EDIT: Plz pretend Macs don't exist for this thread

Why does your poor choice in computers have anything to do with this question