Hey guys, I'm a fairly new "engineer". I helped my friend record a couple demos with Reaper. I don't want to shell out more cash than I need to for recording stuff on my lonesome. I have a (very) subsidized Creative Cloud subscription (thanks, college!), so I have access to Audition. My question is this: How good is Audition for recording music? I've seen lots of people using it for radio, podcasting and rap, but is it good for rock music (i.e. how good is it for compensating for people starting a little early or a little late?). I haven't done any huge tests because I'm still waiting on my new A/D box to arrive. The minor experience I have with the program has not filled me with confidence because I can't figure out how to turn a beat/bar grid on. Any advice on that would be great, too.

Thank y'all muchly!
I used its predecessor Cooledit Pro and that was fine, maybe not as quite involved as some of the other packages but it did fine, I've heard people pull off good stuff with it. The audio editing, noise scrubbing, etc. is the best bang for the buck.

Try it out, should be fine.

I just hate the ransom ware that Adobe has become, you'd have to pay monthly for the thing which kinda defeats the purpose of getting it. $60 Reaper DAW might do just as well, maybe not so fancy on the editing but Adobe's pricing structure is just crazy.
Last edited by diabolical at Jan 1, 2015,
Pretty limited compared to the rest out there.
You may like it for starters but you may find it limited in some time when you confront what you can do with other people using different tools.

Also reaper's free trial lasts forever.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I own Audition CS6. It has most features any beginner or intermediate user would need. FWIW, it has THE BEST noise reduction in the business. Its ridiculously simple to use and can save even the most noisy takes. I don't even bother with other programs, if Audition can't take care of it, its not worth my time fixing.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Audition was my first DAW software. I come from a long analog background (lots of reel to reel multi track work) so maybe I was just to new to the DAW world to understand it at the time but I found it clumsey and more difficult to understand than I was use to. Since I was a Cakewalk midi user (since version 1 on 5 1/4 floppys on my IBM 286 PC with that beautiful mono "green screen") I went to Sonor. As far as price goes I recommend Music Creator from Cakewalk. It costs less than $50.00 and if you get it through Steam it is often on sale for about $20.00. Lots of decent effects and fairly easy to understand.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Jan 2, 2015,
A little boy asked his father: Daddy, how much does it cost to get married?The father replied: I don 't know son. I 'm still paying!Teacher: What great event happened in 1809? Little Willy: Abraham Lincoln was born.Teacher: Correct. And what great event happened in 1812?Little Willy: Abraham Lincoln had his third birthday.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
buy fifa 15 coins|cheap fifa 15 coins