So I didn't want to wire the pickup myself because it was too complicated due to the guitar I've got. Took it to my local music shop and had them put it in for me, I got to practice and as soon as I get it all tuned up there's this God awful crackling. We just decided to ignore it since you couldn't hear it when you're playing and this morning I took the pickup out and the connector wasn't fully on the back of it. That fixed it to where all we heard was just the buzz of gain, but it still didn't sound like the problem was fixed. Got home a couple hours ago ready to practice some more and the crackling is back. Open up the cavity and everything is wired correctly. Suggestions on fixing this?
Start by replacing the battery.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Take it back.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
IM guesing its the soderless connector version? The same thing happened to me, i wired everything up and there was this awful crackling sound and the thing was really quiet as well. I tried all sorts of different wiring combos until it suddenly started working. Then i rewired it back to the originaly planed wiring, and it worked normally until i decided to install a killswitch in it. It started doing the crackling again, so i fiddeled with the wiring again for a while, and again the problems just dissapeared for no obvious reason. So yeah, try to unplug some conectors and plug them back in. If it doesnt work, take it back.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.