Poll: Should I move out of state to and try to make quality music?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should I move out of state to and try to make quality music?
Power Moves Only (Yes)
8 35%
I dont know man..... (No)
6 26%
It's really all up to you (A for effort)
9 39%
Voters: 23.
I'm currently in deep thought about moving away from my home town in order to pursuit music head on. Now I'm not dumb and I realize I'll have to find a new job wherever I decide to move which could be as close as like a two hour drive to an out of state move. Now I have a couple buddies who I'm moving with and we can all play guitar bass and drums we've jammed alot and know how that all works but we maybe making power moves for all of us to actually go ahead and pursuit music full time at the end of the summer when money will be saved specifically for the move.

Now do you guys think I'm making the right decision by moving out of my small hometown in East Bum**** USA to a semi happening music scene possibly out of state and possibly opposite coast?
Nothing much really I almost confessed my feelings to my crush but I just found out she's seeing someone else. Other than that I have family and friends that I'd miss a hell of alot but I dont have that much family here anyway just my immediate family and aunt but still I'd miss all of them but I feel that if I pursuit this as much as possible than who knows? you know haha
you have the power
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
You should only move out if you can find a job there and can be financial stable. Would be pointless just moving out of a state with only a guitar and just wasting money trying to make it in what is a pretty tough business.

But as you said "pursue music full time" seems like you wouldn't be doing it as a side thing, and quitting jobs and moving to a different city to try to make it in a band seems really stupid.
Follow your dreams man
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
My Dad used to always say making music for a living is a sure way to suck the joy out of it. And moving out with friends is a good way to screw up friendships. I think there is some truth in that and I would plan your next steps very carefully. Moving out and getting a new job could be hard enough without the band thing taking priority.

Is it the right decision? Maybe but I don't think there is a black and white right or wrong thing here, it's how you manage it that will (help) decide the success of your venture. Good luck with it!
I know it will be tough but I think we got our heads in the right place we just want to improve and or influence the music that is more popular today but with more instrumentational value (I don't even think that's a word) basically we want to make great music and keep guitars and rock alive. (Not saying its dying or anything)
Do it. The only reason I'm still where I am is because I spend every day working and getting training in the industry I want to go into and whenever I want to I get to go home and make tons of extra money by doing stuff I like even more working for a band there; but I was miserable in the summer when I lived at home because I worked a shitty job and hated it.

Go and be where you believe you'll be happiest. Coming back isn't that hard, either.
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

To the pit because i don't feel like doing real life.
Regardless of your goals in music, it may be an awesome experience to just live somewhere else more hip, even if it falls through after a few months and you have to move back home. Give it a shot. Just make sure you save up enough money to support you until you find a steady job, and have several ideas of jobs you can get when you move. Basically, do your research and have a plan, and if nothing else, it should be some good fun.

Best of luck. I plan on doing the same thing when I graduate. Living in this tiny town is starting to suck the life out of me.
Quote by Von Hugenstein
I know it will be tough but I think we got our heads in the right place we just want to improve and or influence the music that is more popular today but with more instrumentational value (I don't even think that's a word) basically we want to make great music and keep guitars and rock alive. (Not saying its dying or anything)

Don't do it lol this is such a cringe thing to say you'll never get beyond playing bars and small clubs

You've got to have a proper targetted marketing plan and be extremely clever to make it big in rock music right now, no way are you gonna make it with some attitude of "KEEP ROCK MUSIC AND GUITAR ALIVE".
You're young (I assume). Even if you screw up and end up having to come home, at least you'll never regret not following your dreams. Don't remain stagnant, take your coffee with two scoops of yolo.
It is not a bad idea to branch out, but it doesn't sound like you have a clear musical direction in place. I would say branch out for the sake of branching out, but keep your outlook flexible. Maybe you won't end up doing music, maybe you'll make bank doing something else you enjoy.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
find a job in the area you plan to move it first

find an apartment or a place to stay first

THEN move out.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

If you're one of those "lets make some $$ playing rush covers" kind of people then I'm uninterested. That said, if you (and your jam buddies) feel stifled then by all means take the plunge.

Don't be a dumbass...get your ducks in a row before you ride over em on the lawnmower at least. I have plenty of friends who have moved so they could participate in a bigger / different music scene. It was a good experience for the ones who were smart about it, some of em stayed and some have moved back or to other cities/states. The ones that floundered were ALWAYS the ones who didn't have their shit straight before they left AND/OR went so they could make loads of cash playing in bars.

What city/state are you considering? I know people, and therefor have heard a lot, about many places.

Cheers and good luck
lel
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.