Blues for Alice at bebop tempo.

Or any bop blues with reharm.
"There are two styles of music. Good music and bad music." -Duke Ellington

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
Such an odd question. Even putting "blues" and "hardest" in the same sentence seems unnatural and maybe a misunderstanding of the blues form.

What is the most moving, deepest, darkest, freshest, hottest, dirtiest, sweatiest, introspective, unusual, nastiest? All these adjectives seem more in line with blues guitar.

Here is a sample of a great blues player. How would you describe it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSF1SN-EpwY
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Cajundaddy
Such an odd question. Even putting "blues" and "hardest" in the same sentence seems unnatural and maybe a misunderstanding of the blues form.

What is the most moving, deepest, darkest, freshest, hottest, dirtiest, sweatiest, introspective, unusual, nastiest? All these adjectives seem more in line with blues guitar.

Here is a sample of a great blues player. How would you describe it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSF1SN-EpwY

Kind of missing the point dude, I mean I get where you're coming from but OP obviously just wants to know what people consider the most difficult blues song to play on a guitar
Quote by FinderofNemo
Kind of missing the point dude, I mean I get where you're coming from but OP obviously just wants to know what people consider the most difficult blues song to play on a guitar

It's like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. IMHO there is no such thing as "most difficult blues song". That is the point. If you think otherwise that's ok, cast your opinion of the hardest blues solo.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Jan 2, 2015,
Theoretically all blues songs are mostly the same. You get some kooky ones like Blues for Alice, which someone mentioned above, but there's a certain structure associated with the blues that many, many blues songs follow. And it's really fvckin easy. As for which blues guitar recording is the most difficult to accurately reproduce live, probably something by SRV. Dude was really good and did all kinds of craycray multiple-string bends, which are way harder to accurately reproduce than any finger gymnastics bullshit.

Or maybe you were asking which blues song goes the hardest, which is a difficult question to answer, because generally the blues don't go that hard.
Who knows what OP means honestly. He most likely means which blues song is the most technically challenging? In that case I'd have to go with something by SRV dude was a mean rhythm guitarist. He did all kinds of crazy intricate rhythms .
Check out some jazz blues by different players, should keep you busy.

Blues for Alice (Charlie Parker)
K.C. Blues (Charlie Parker)
Cool Blues (Charlie Parker)
Back Home Blues (Charlie Parker)
Bopsie's Blues (Dizzy Gillespie)
Cryin' Blues (Charles Mingus)
Mary's Blues (John Coltrane)
Mr. PC (John Coltrane)

There are thousands of recordings of jazz blues tunes, check them out.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
Quote by Sickz

Mr. PC (John Coltrane)

+1

You want a challenge for technique, note choice, phrasing ... try some of the BeBop forms. You'll get some great lines out of it too. Coltrane aside, not a pentatonic in sight.

cheers, Jerry
For jazz, it's Giant Steps.

For blues, it's Emmanuel's Guitar Boogie.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
try paul butterfield blues band - first album with mike bloomfield.."mellow down easy" .. that will keep you busy for a while..
play well

wolf
Quote by Banjocal
For jazz, it's Giant Steps.

For blues, it's Emmanuel's Guitar Boogie.

Giant Steps is extremely tricky, but it's not a blues format. Lot of Charlie Parker's tunes are.
Don't know Emmanuel's GB but I'll take a listen. Thanks!

cheers, Jerry
Quote by ouchies
Yeah haha that's what I was thinking.

Ouchie,

You're a bad fellah, and expect a visit from Albert King and the Five Knuckle Brass band for daring to imply that blues is less than tricky :-)

cheers, Jerry
Quote by Sickz

Mr. PC (John Coltrane)

I think he would be more interested in blues jazz tunes, honestly.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by ouchies
That's not what I was implying at all!

I meant no blues player will ever care about the "difficulty" of a song.

I know ... I was just having a friendly joke.

cheers, Jerry
Quote by Kucikastadas53
What's the hardest blues song on guitar?

well, I'm not sure, but whatever it is, you should definitely learn it, because if you can play the "hardest song", it would indicate that you are awesome, and that all other songs will be easy for you. right? Like you wont' even have to learn anything else if you can play the hardest song ever.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Jan 6, 2015,