I had bought a used blockletter 5150 a few months ago and had played a few shows with it, and I was really loving how it sounded. However, during the past few practices, I noticed that the volume would keep leveling off and the gain would kind of back off randomly while I was playing. Is this an indication that I should invest in some new tubes? This is my first amp with tubes in it so I don't know if I can replace them myself or if theres more involved and I should take it to a tech or something. Any info or suggestions are appreciated thanks!
Yes you can replace them yourself and it does sound tube related

Pull the tubes straight out of the socket. You may have to wiggle them a little.

The power tubes don't have to be biased, there really isn't much adjustment available anyways.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Sounds a lot like my used 5150 212. Time for new tubes.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Buy a set for the sound you want i.e. you can have more gain or headroom and buy the outputs as a matched set whether it's duo or a quad, they're already matched in their values so don't need any biasing.

I just got a quad set of the JJ power valves from hot rox and they sound great, really transformed the amp.
From what I recall, 5150s came biased cold from the factory, so you can get away with just dropping a set of 4 in there without biasing. However, if the amp has ever been re-biased previously, then it would be worth it to bring it to a tech and make sure that everything is ok with the new tubes.
The Peavey 5150s can't be biased without a modification. They probably don't need to worry about that.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2