Page 1 of 2
I'm aware that this is the wrong section and only half of the pit still plays guitar, but the lack of threads here is boring. Discuss different effects and share your favorites. Mine:

Delay - for clean, post rock sounding stuff. Sounds nice to layer

Vibrato - good for clean guitar, fun effect to play around with and layer

Distortion - for them br00tl chugz

Ring modulation - not an effect I can put much use to, but it's fun to play around with to make weird sci fi noises and shit.

And I am aware that macbooks can make effects without needing a guitar so there is no reason to bring it up.
just solo acoustic recorded on my iphone mic for proper lo-fi sadcore
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
FUZZ

Specifically a V4 1978 Big Muff.

(those are billy corgans exact settings on his muff)
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Last edited by 457undead at Jan 2, 2015,
I use a fair bit of reverb and a whammy bar for some cool vibrato stuff. Sometimes I add some delay using reaper effects but I don't actually have a delay pedal so....

So pretty much I just use the effects on my amp.
Quote by 457undead
FUZZ

Specifically a V4 1978 Big Muff.

(those are billy corgans exact settings on his muff)

WHAT UP. this and a green rhino OD and an Orange amp is all you need
I keep it simple.

Front effects: EQ - Wah - OD
FX Loop: Noise Suppressor* - Delay - Looper
Onboard: Reverb

EQ (MXR M-108) is the most important, I always have it on. Second most important is OD (Fulltone OCD) which isn't really utilised all of that much, I tend to play clean almost exclusively. Reverb's always on just slightly (onboard reverb of an Orange Rockerverb 100).

The wah and the delay might as well be paperweights, but I'll give 'em a go every once in a while for kicks. The noise suppressor used to be important when I used to use the dirty channel more often than once in a blue moon and played from the positions straight from the pickup and not in-between.

I haven't had an inkling to buy other pedals in ages, I'm not sure what to get next.

*If this counts as an effect.
I have a simple set up.

Boss DS-2 Distortion
Vox Wah
Boss OD-2 Overdrive
Korg AX5 Multi Effects.....I basically only use this one as a volume pedal, plus one of the programs makes a pretty sweet Sitar sound....
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
TS, I highly recommend you find one that makes your guitar sound less like its being played by a ******

You're gonna need it

edit:
(f. aygot)
Quote by Fat Lard
Now if only I could figure out how to whammy without the whammy bar

here is a good guide. starts at 50 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OONnAVIQ3I
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
delay
reverb
tears
sadness
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Effects are the best. Fuzz and flanger and a delay and all sorts of funness.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by whywefight
let's be honest, that video was never funny

no
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Quote by Magicant
TS, I highly recommend you find one that makes your guitar sound less like its being played by a ******

You're gonna need it

edit:
(f. aygot)

I'v never associated any of those effects with banging dudes, but wherever you say guitar pedal master.
Quote by MinterMan22
pizza
squiggly lines

beard
flannel
chino khakis
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by whywefight
let's be honest, that video was never funny

No shit. It's an educational video for Van Halen fans.

*reported*
Quote by Fat Lard
Such a cute, classic kid I wonder what he's making tutorials of now

Just SLAYING pussy.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by i_lovemetallica
..I basically only use this one as a volume pedal, plus one of the programs makes a pretty sweet Sitar sound....

Brooo can you play Anywhere I Roam??
just wah, thinking about expanding
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by RylanThePotato
beard
flannel
chino khakis

snapbacks
getting outta this town
MXR Analog Chorus
BOSS DD3 Delay
BOSS PH3 Phase Shifter
Reverb (Fender Twin)

Sometimes use wah and an overdrive but I usually stick to cleans.
Dunlop GCB-95 (Modded) Wah
EHX Pitch Fork
MXR Uni-Vibe
Outlaw Dead Man's Hand Overdrive
EHX Big Muff Pi reissue
Dunlop Rotovibe
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Reverb (Fender Supersonic 22)

Everything is run through the front. The Uni-Vibe and especially the reverb are pretty much constantly on. And despite the rest of the effects, I usually play clean or just the Muff or the amps on board distortion.
I want a whammy V for xmas

Unfortunately, it's gonna be a while until xmas.
For bass I use a Bass Muff Pi. As for gitfiddle, I have a 535q wah, a Boss Blues Driver, and an NS-2 Noise Suppressor. The built-in reverb on my amp (Blackstsr HT-100) is beautiful, too, so I use that quite a bit.
Quote by soundgarden1986
Screw your bases. If she doesn't let me go elbow deep in her ass on the first date, it wasn't meant to be.

Quote by willT08
Every thread on here to do with audio quality is like walking into a paddock of shit slinging chimps
Quote by So-Cal
ok this isn't a guitar website you know

You could argue that it is more of a guitar site than a MacBook Pro® site though.
guitar > electro harmonix micro pog > boss od-2 > mxr distortion III > boss DD3 > boss rc2 > traynor ycv50

id like a new delay pedal and a new looper, but everything else sounds delicious. i reallllllly want a wampler ego compressor and wampler pinnacle though
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Jyrgen
You could argue that it is more of a guitar site than a MacBook Pro® site though.

really are people posting on here through their guitars huh cause i bet more people are using macbook pro(R)s on this website then with their guitars so yeah think about that huh tough guy
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Fat Lard
Such a cute, classic kid I wonder what he's making tutorials of now

"how to get the most out of your boss hc-2"
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Page 1 of 2