So my question is this, how does playing guitar through a 250 watt bass amp with a guitar cab affect the cab? Which it self is a 4x12 vintage 30 16ohm 60watts with a range of 70hz-5khz. I know that playing bass is "Bad" for your guitar rig and all that. But i wasnt quite sure about this matter though.
I'd say no. It's the frequencies produced by bass guitars and the volumes at which they come out of the amp that'll wreck guitar speakers. Guitar should be fine. But others will know more of the details.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
It's the speaker that's the problem when using bass into a guitar rig, so using a bass amp into a set of speakers designed for guitar doesn't circumvent the problem.

You can't damage the amp's circuitry by running a different instrument through it, but that 'pop' sound that you get from the attack transient of a bass guitar can be damaging to a guitar speaker because it puts more strain on the cone than it was designed to be able to handle.

Plus, it's quite likely that it just won't sound good because few guitar speakers can effectively reproduce the fundamental frequency of some of the lower notes a bass guitar can play.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
It's the speaker that's the problem when using bass into a guitar rig, so using a bass amp into a set of speakers designed for guitar doesn't circumvent the problem.

You can't damage the amp's circuitry by running a different instrument through it, but that 'pop' sound that you get from the attack transient of a bass guitar can be damaging to a guitar speaker because it puts more strain on the cone than it was designed to be able to handle.

Plus, it's quite likely that it just won't sound good because few guitar speakers can effectively reproduce the fundamental frequency of some of the lower notes a bass guitar can play.

Forgive me if I'm misreading your post, but did you not see that OP is (I think) playing a six string? The only bass part is the amp itself.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'd say no. It's the frequencies produced by bass guitars and the volumes at which they come out of the amp that'll wreck guitar speakers. Guitar should be fine. But others will know more of the details.

I agree. You're not going to hurt anything. I know there's a few professionals who do this, but names elude me at the moment.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
People have played guitars through bass amplifiers into guitar cabinets for years without a problem. In the early to mid 1970s, a number of guitarists liked playing their guitars through an Ampeg SVT head into Ampeg or Marshall guitar cabinets. It will not harm the speakers, since the frequencies are all in the "guitar" range.

What will definitely harm the speakers is if you played an electric bass through guitar speakers. As others have stated, those guitar speakers are not meant to handle the low-end frequencies of an electric bass. Damage will inevitably result at some point. But you are not suggesting playing a bass through this setup, so it is not an issue.

I agree with those who have remarked that sending a signal that is more powerful than the speakers are designed to handle is akin to playing with fire. But if your cabinet is rated at 240 watts and your amplifier is rated at 250 watts, then unless you play at maximum volume, you should be safe.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Forgive me if I'm misreading your post, but did you not see that OP is (I think) playing a six string? The only bass part is the amp itself.

Oh yes, I missed that part - my mistake Although hopefully my explanation is helpful in some other way.

You won't damage anything by running a guitar into a bass amp and then into a guitar cab. My live rig has been like that for quite some time, which is why it's silly that I misunderstood this thread

The only thing to watch out for is that the amp can output 250 watts and the cab is rated with a power handling of 240 watts - this shouldn't be a problem unless you're running the amp at maximum volume all the time for extended periods of time, where you'd potentially run the risk of frying the voice coil, but with that sort of power, I doubt you'd ever want to, because you'd probably be completely deaf by the time that happened.

EDIT: ^And I didn't notice that FatalGear already posted that over an hour ago.. I'm not very observant today.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
It's a math thing and depends on two things:
1. The actual power output at cab impedance.
2. How the cab is wired to handle the power.

if the speakers are 16 ohm and wired parallel, it presents 4 ohm to the amp with a power handling of 240w. This amp likely produces 250w at 4 ohm so a good match.

If the speakers are series/parallel wired it presents a load of 16 ohm to the amp with 120w power handling. If the amp produces 200w at 16 ohm you are at risk of killing the speakers. Most amps produce a lot less power at 16 ohm. Check the amp specs and put a VOM test meter on the cab to get actual ohms.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Awesome guys! Thank you so much for the help. But yeah as you are saying, i wont be playing over the 240watt anytime soon, iam going to be lucky if i even hit the 30watt mark.
Thanks alot this really cleared up some questionmarks regarding this matter.
Since i've never really considered playing through a bassamp before, this has not been an issue up until now.
I've found an old Dynacord BS408, and instantly fell in love with its clean sound. Awesome awesome!