just throw some maple syrup in the arena and they'll calm down
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
o.k. but "ice hockey"

you are literally worse than that greasy bastard who makes buttmetal covers of pop songs while wearing camo shorts smarten up pal
Last edited by MinterMan22 at Jan 2, 2015,
Quote by MinterMan22
o.k. but "ice hockey"

you are literally worse than that greasy bastard who makes buttmetal covers of pop songs while wearing camo shorts smarten up pal

they think field hockey = hockey because they are pansies (field hockey is just really lame lacrosse for catholic high school girls)
Quote by Thrashtastic15
why not both?

It could work occasionally. But basically, it's like someone took a ridiculous concept for a WWE special("coming this summer at Wrestlemania, the ice-squared-circle-kinfe-boot-stick-pad-match!"), and made leagues where the ice-squared-circle-kinfe-boot-stick-pad stuff is the focus instead of the fighting.

Take it back to it's roots!

Quote by Thrashtastic15
they think field hockey = hockey because they are pansies (field hockey is just really lame lacrosse for catholic high school girls)

Field hockey is shite. Shinty or hurling are manly sports.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
It could work occasionally. But basically, it's like someone took a ridiculous concept for a WWE special("coming this summer at Wrestlemania, the ice-squared-circle-kinfe-boot-stick-pad-match!"), and made leagues where the ice-squared-circle-kinfe-boot-stick-pad stuff is the focus instead of the fighting.

bud what is more back to the roots than a couple of coked up farmboys from saskatchewan getting mad that some slick shithead from london that thinks hes hot shit decided to throw an elbow at the #1c and now they've gotta go and bareknuckle box to enforce a little bit of class and order so the rats keep their elbows down and their knees in

we've been doing this shit for over a century it's no WWE special any more than blocking a shot or getting the puck to the point on the powerplay only seems that way if you are some goof commie in 72 thinkin hes playin soccer on skates
Quote by slapsymcdougal

no they arent
Quote by Thrashtastic15
bud what is more back to the roots than a couple of coked up farmboys from saskatchewan getting mad that some slick shithead from london that thinks hes hot shit decided to throw an elbow at the #1c and now they've gotta go and bareknuckle box to enforce a little bit of class and order so the rats keep their elbows down and their knees in

we've been doing this shit for over a century it's no WWE special any more than blocking a shot or getting the puck to the point on the powerplay only seems that way if you are some goof commie in 72 thinkin hes playin soccer on skates

no they arent

You live in Canadia. Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You live in Canadia. Your opinion is invalid.

you made a thread about hockey fights and my opinion is invalid because im a good torono boy with a beautiful name lets smarten up ya goof
Isn't hurling that thing where they scrub the ice with the brooms.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
you made a thread about hockey fights and my opinion is invalid because im a good torono boy with a beautiful name lets smarten up ya goof

Git oot mah thread, or the morra's papers are gunna be a' aboot your chibbin', ya fud.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Git oot mah thread, or the morra's papers are gunna be a' aboot your chibbin', ya fud.
Quote by Thrashtastic15

no they arent

realest talks

notice how the game has p much remained the same for the longest time up until we let the freaking yankee doodles take over and now all of a sudden it's too violent and needs to be fixed and everythink like that ya never woulda seen a kooky thread like this pop up if there was internet back before the pinkos had their little moment in the spotlight thats for sure
making up fake cgi goal reviews to try and fool us into thinking that ya didn't fix game 6 in favour of yr sunbelt team that had no chance this is america smdh
Yeah haha, there's no way a hockey player could transition to MMA. they'd need way too many years of experience to pick up takedown defense, and if you watch hockey fights, their punches are flaccid and only hammer fists from a dirty-boxing clutch (they'd get flipped)

If they started before hockey maybe, but I highly doubt otherwise, as they come to the game too late/with injuries/'where's my fkn perks eh?' (see: Lesnar's short MMA career)

Goons belong on the ice, or retired to dance for Disney shows in tree costumes
Quote by Fat Lard
Yeah haha, there's no way a hockey player could transition to MMA. they'd need way too many years of experience to pick up takedown defense, and if you watch hockey fights, their punches are flaccid and only hammer fists from a dirty-boxing clutch (they'd get flipped)

If they started before hockey maybe, but I highly doubt otherwise, as they come to the game too late/with injuries/'where's my fkn perks eh?' (see: Lesnar's short MMA career)

Goons belong on the ice, or retired to dance for Disney shows in tree costumes

i dont think any hockey player wants to. the proper goons do train mma/boxing nowadays in the off-season but really that's not the point. a hockey fight isn't about some display of technical brilliance. its about a couple of good ontario boys gettin out there standing man to man and throwing with honour to protect their boys until the better man wins. its about seeing a 5'10 kid off a farm in sask that scores 50 goals step up with all heart against a 6'6 goon and rearrange his face to protect the best player in the league in the conference finals. its a part of hockey and i dont think any canadian nhl player would give that up to box

takedown defence lmao. are you fighting to fight or roll around on the ground tightly grasping another man. if you take somebody down in a scrap you are a coward scared of taking a punch
Exactly takedown defense. Basically they're saying 'oh Mr. Big man lay me for I'm aboot the submission friggin a please don't twist my arm off I'm soary I need this arm to be slap-shot happy because I can't make a fist which is why I let you take me to the ground eh?'

Hahahaha hahahaha, oh ohhhh I'm tearing up over here...a hockey player actually fighting, oh man that really made my day. I'll admit it though, a good amount of the Lightning would be able to transisition with a couple years of serious training I'd bet
Quote by Fat Lard
Exactly takedown defense. Basically they're saying 'oh Mr. Big man lay me for I'm aboot the submission friggin a please don't twist my arm off I'm soary I need this arm to be slap-shot happy because I can't make a fist which is why I let you take me to the ground eh?'

Hahahaha hahahaha, oh ohhhh I'm tearing up over here...a hockey player actually fighting, oh man that really made my day. I'll admit it though, a good amount of the Lightning would be able to transisition with a couple years of serious training I'd bet

lmao actually fighting do you honestly think real fights have takedowns? no. you stand and throw like men.

it can easily go the other way. take one of your little shits throw them on an nhl rink and square em up against big john scott and we will see who is eating food out of a straw lmao ya goof
LLLLMMMMAAAAAAAAOOOOO do ice skates even come in men's sizes? I don't think Antonio Bigfoot Silva could squeeze his toes in those things he prolly can't even ice skate since he didn't grow up on that one Ice Princess movie or whatever it is you guys watch
Quote by Fat Lard
LLLLMMMMAAAAAAAAOOOOO do ice skates even come in men's sizes? I don't think Antonio Bigfoot Silva could squeeze his toes in those things he prolly can't even ice skate since he didn't grow up on that one Ice Princess movie or whatever it is you guys watch

tell ya what put him out on the ice and ill beat the shit out of him. thats an open challenge
Quote by Banjocal

you knows those times in cartoons where two people hide in one coat to compete in things

that would be the perfect place for that
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
this is exactly my point fellas

total crime against humanity scratch an asterisk on stanley
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Fighting isnt the roots of hockey, its just accepted since its a high intensity contact sports and fists are actually less dangerous then the alternative of the swinging sticks at eachother when emotions run high. Claiming hockey should just become mma because theres fighting would be as logical as saying it should become fencing since theres stick that they occasionally slash eachother with. Most of the altheletes in the sports dont participate in both.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by Wiegenlied
Fighting isnt the roots of hockey, its just accepted since its a high intensity contact sports and fists are actually less dangerous then the alternative of the swinging sticks at eachother when emotions run high. Claiming hockey should just become mma because theres fighting would be as logical as saying it should become fencing since theres stick that they occasionally slash eachother with. Most of the altheletes in the sports dont participate in both.

I'd watch hockey a lot more (~3 times/year) if they could beat each other with the sticks. Or at least hit things at the players like ice quidditch or something
I will answer this question for your TS with indisputable evidence.

"The average UFC fightrer made $75,271 in 2014."
The average NHL salary is $2,400,000 or just below 32 times as much

"100+ fighters in the UFC made $10,000 or less"

"The average household income in US is approx $45,000 per year... 57% of UFC fighters made less than this"

"10 men and two women wore UFC championship belts in 2013, and they earned an average of $397,417"

"Only one fighter Alistair Overeem made over a million dollars at $1,078,571. The lowest paid UFC champion made $100,000"

The NHL minimum salary for a rookie is $525,000 and set to be raised to $750,000. 8 total UFC made more this last year.

A coach for Chicago blackhawks that grew up in the city I live in, went to school with my dad makes 2.75 mil a year, almost 3 times as much as the top paid UFC fighter.

As of this moment 454 NHL players make more money than the highest paid UFC fighter. 125 players make 5 times as much as he does

The highest paid NHL player makes nearly 14 times as much.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Last edited by Wiegenlied at Jan 2, 2015,
OP clearly lacks a basic understanding of proper martial combat techniques.

Hockey players are badasses who know how to take a punch and know how to throw one, but beyond trying to punch someone's face, there is nothing about a hockey fight analogous to an organized fight like MMA or boxing.

Just because they're both round doesn't mean it's not still apples and oranges.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7