Yesterday was quite hot (38 degrees celcius, go convert that yanks) my cat was inside and then started meowing really weird and pawing the blinds to go outside. She seemed really distressed and didn't even mind she had to go past my other cat who is kinda mean to her. Then she ran straight under the deck. Weird.

But apparently next door's dog started yapping like crazy, even more so than usual (had nothing to do with the cat). And then we went to my grandparent's place and they said the ants were moving REALLY quickly, even more so than usual...

Hmmm my dad reckoned there had been an earthquake or earth tremor, but it was either too low on Richter scale or we were close to epicentre. It would explain this weird animal behaviour.

So what have your pets/animals nearby done that's kinda strange? Any stories to share? Any theories why this happens?
ur mum was an animal in bed last night
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
ur mum was an animal in bed last night

ts asked for theories to m8
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
In my experience, cats will run and hide underneath something when they are unsure about something or need seclusion from sensations that become overwhelming (noise, pressure, etc.)

The neighbor's dog may have very well just smelled another animal near its zone. People have very primitive senses when it comes to communication by scent. Ants are another species that communicates through specialized chemical signals.

Animals aren't weird; they have set characteristics that rarely deviate from the norm of their species. People on the other hand... well, they're just a sad state of affairs.
Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
Quote by CaptainCanti
cats are dumb get a dog

Quote by mind_meld
But apparently next door's dog started yapping like crazy, even more so than usual

No. My sanity has had bad experiences with shrieking canines.
Quote by mind_meld
No. My sanity has had bad experiences with shrieking canines.

every feline experience is a bad experience for sanity
¯\_()_/¯
Quote by CaptainCanti

Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
Quote by CaptainCanti

Ah so my insanity is reacting and resisting as returning to sanity can be a painful ordeal... Na I'm happy to not be driven sane
in what armpit of a city do you live in that it's 40 degrees in fcking january? jeez

Quote by MinterMan22
in what armpit of a city do you live in that it's 40 degrees in fcking january? jeez

It was 79 where I live

EDIT: Didn't realize he was talking celsius. That's hot as hell

EDIT 2: He's in the southern hemisphere, its summer for him. It all makes sense now.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Last edited by caeser1156 at Jan 3, 2015,
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by MinterMan22

Melbourne. Well it was 41 today (106 fahrenheit). Four seasons in one day pretty much.

Tomorrow's forecast: High (80%) chance of showers in the early morning and the chance of a thunderstorm. A mainly sunny afternoon. Min 64 F, Max 73 F.

Meh Melbourne weather is like a woman's mood, it changes every 5 minutes. Keeps you on your toes.

(Sorry females)
my dog does this weird shit where she'll take our socks and stash them around the house, makes gathering laundry a pain in the ass

pretty sure she has give or take a couple of extra chromosomes so that might explain her various odd behaviors
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by Zaphikh
People on the other hand... well, they're just a sad state of affairs.

Oh ho HO.

What a clever man we have here!
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by mind_meld

(Sorry females)

If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Human's have instincts too, believe it or not. Like an internal mechanism for letting you know when you are falling. That's why we can sleep on bunk beds or regular beds and jerk awake if you start to fall.

I think I read somewhere that this is because we used to be primates living in trees and have retained this ancient instinct.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.