Hi,
I have an electric guitar going into a computer audio interface. The signal then goes through garage band, then back to the interface where my monitors are plugged into.

It all works great however, when my guitar is on HIGH GAIN and I am playing to a backing track and "pause" in my playing, I get this terrible loud sound through my monitors. I don't know what to call it (I am new at this).

Don't know if it is considered feed back, hum , hiss, etc. However once I start playing the terrible noises immediately go away.

Can anyone tell me how to "kill" this noise so I can take a pause from playing with the backing track. And what model and brand I should buy.

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Lguitarjsm
What does it sound like?

Feedback is a high pitched screak, hum is the the close to white noise.
How loud also?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
What does it sound like?

Feedback is a high pitched screak, hum is the the close to white noise.
How loud also?

It isn't white noise for sure. It doesn't have a piercing scream that pierces your ears like a knife. I do know it's coming from my guitar. I wonder if it is coming from my pick ups when I am not playing because once I start playing it goes away.
Thanks
Lguitarjsm
I have this issue too, even tried playing in the dark to eliminate any electrical issues. Found out it was my PC was causing the hum. I have an L-shaped Desk and if I go to the other side, where the pickups cannot "see" the PC, it reduces it drastically, almost to no hum at all.

Might be worth trying.