Well My local music store is retiring and shutting its doors for good this time. I always got my music supplies there, including my Martin strings and Dean Markley strings, etc. So I was wondering: Where is the best place to buy strings online? The cheapest and most reliable place in America would be nice to know. If anyone could let me know where you get them online I would very much appreciate it Thanks.
I don't know about best, but most convenient probably Musicians Friend. Amazon is also a top notch choice
Amazon sucks for me. All the strings i wanted have that special tag (w.e its called) where you cant order it seperatly

Gc
Musiciansfriend

Heck best buy sells strings
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 2, 2015,
I've also used La Bella.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
stringsandbeyond.com and guitarstringsonline.com are the best and cheapest around. Can specifically recommend Guitar Strings Online on their customer service. I got a pretty big order from them and they sent about 5 sets of 11s instead of the 10.5s I ordered. Let me keen the 11s and sent the 10.5s for no extra cost. Didn't even have to pay shipping (which was a fair bit to Australia). They're also really good to buy singles and custom sets from, I've found.

I did however do and order at String and Beyond recently during their Christmas sale, haven't received it yet, but their prices are great and it was easy as to place the order. They have a decent range, but not quite as good as GSO.
[404]Signature not found
Thank You so much everyone!!! I am especially a fan of strings and beyond and strings by mail. They have the strings I use in stock and ready to rock, Lol. I will either be ordering from them or through amazon. Thanks again.

- Mercedes.
I buy all my strings on ebay.

Set the search list to price and buy from a seller with heaps of sales and few complaints. Too easy.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jan 2, 2015,
You can snag some good deals on ebay. My #1 choice. You can get elixrs for less than $9 a pack in quantities of 3 of more.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
i can vouch for stringsandbeyond.

+1

best company to buy from IMO.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Wherever ten packs are on sale. I stocked up on .010s a few years ago, and last month I loaded up on .09s. You have to watch, but bulk packs go on sale all the time because the manufacturer changes the packaging or redesigns the packed in string winder and so on.

Martin Strings tend to get used as a big holiday loss leader at Guitar Center and Sam Ash.
www.stringsandbeyond.com is awesome and they ship incredibly fast. I buy all my pic's from them and a lot of my strings.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Any of these sites you listed ever do buy one get one free or buy one get one at half price