Poll: Were you raised, mainly, by your biological parents?
Poll Options
View poll results: Were you raised, mainly, by your biological parents?
yes
70 91%
no
6 8%
im not sure
1 1%
Voters: 77.
what percentage of the Pit is from a family that is not necessarily nuclear?
(haha no, not radioactive, the other thing)

were you raised by your biological parents, mostly?

parents ever split up?

spend a few years with your grandparent(s)?

have your biological parents played a major role in your life? positively or negatively, do you think?

here is the place to answer these questions and more!
poll incoming.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
I've had the very unusual situation of being in a family where my biological parents are still together and there have been no divorces or anything in my close family (aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins). Weird hey.
I was raised by wolverines, it was pretty cool
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by mind_meld
I've had the very unusual situation of being in a family where my biological parents are still together and there have been no divorces or anything in my close family (aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins). Weird hey.

same here. No divorces, nothing. probably stems from our inability to let anything go
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I am a bastard.

And I actually had two cousins that called me that when I was little, like it was the 18th century.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

My great grandmother was marie curie
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
I was raised by my bioligical parents and they are still married even though they talk about getting a divorce every few years, only to change their minds.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by mind_meld

Same. Although my parents have threatened to divorce quite a few times.

My grandparents on my dad's side also hated each other for nearly their entire marriage and slept in separate rooms for more than 30 years. So I don't know if it has more to do with my family having successful marriages or them just refusing to divorce for one reason or another.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
raised by my parents, siblings all get along, we still do family trips, etc.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by caeser1156
My grandparents on my dad's side also hated each other for nearly their entire marriage and slept in separate rooms for more than 30 years.

My rents now sleep in separate rooms, because they reckon they are getting too old and actually need to sleep. If they're in the same bed they won't because my dad has a lot of trouble sleeping so he tosses and gets up quite regularly and used to freak out about waking mum. I buy that story.

TS I think you have the most unusual and unrepresentative sample group here!
Quote by mind_meld

TS I think you have the most unusual and unrepresentative sample group here!

agreed
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
By the way, I answered "yes," but I'd forgotten that my parents hired help to raise me for a significant amount of time. Would I still qualify if the help assisted in raising me?
My biological parents have been together since they were married and I was raised by them.

No one in my immediate or close extended family has had a divorce. That is for cultural reasons; some of my older married relatives avoid their husbands/wives as much as possible.
cat
I was raised by my biological parents. They've been happily married for I think 36 years now. My mom quit working to stay home with me and my siblings when we were younger.
My dad was partially incapable of working* (which of course isn't good in itself), but for us as a family this meant that he only worked half days and was home a lot as well. So I spent a lot of time with both my parents and they were definitely a positive influence.

Other than that I've got one uncle who has gotten a divorce about fifteen years ago and has remarried since.

*I'm not sure what you would call this in English. It's a medical/legal thing where he is considered partially disabled and is only allowed to work a certain time. He gets welfare on top of the money he can earn while working because of this.
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; man got to tell himself he understand.

The Pit has an ample amount of people with daddy issues, yes.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Bio parents.

Though I'm the oldest of 5 so they had plenty of trial-and-erorrs/guinea pig/weed out the mistakes on me.

Lol naaah jk great parents, I came out pretty raw and outstanding I do say
Both parents were present, but tbh me and my dad can be in the same room AND 10,000 miles apart at the same time.

Neither of us are big at initiating conversation.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Both parents were present, but tbh me and my dad can be in the same room AND 10,000 miles apart at the same time.

Now that's a big room!

Quote by ultimate-slash
Now that's a big room!

Yes, I live in a castle even bigger than the one Rature(allegedly) lives in.
Quote by Diemon Dave
My parents divorced, but even before then, my dad was rarely around. When he was around he was very verbally abusive to my mother and I. My mom pretty much raised me on her own.
"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."
Quote by EndTheRapture51
The Pit has an ample amount of people with daddy issues, yes.

I've always had a suspicion this was the case
Nuclear family.

When my dad gave a speech at one of my aunts' second weddings he said at the end: "I'd like to point out I'm the only one in the ____ family to not have been remarried."

based dad.
Raised by both parents and have been married for 27 years now. And thankful for it.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Yes, I live in a castle even bigger than the one Rature(allegedly) lives in.

This is my castle

Hardly the imposing seat of the patriarchy that ali thinks it is

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I'd hate for that to be the seat of anything, looks really uncomfortable to sit on, if you ask me.

Raised by bio parents, they never split up

i did spend a few hours of every afternoon after elementary school at one of my grandmas' until mom or dad came home from work since all of us live on the same street basically

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
My parents divorced when I was about 10 but I saw both often and lived about 5 miles apart. I had a step dad not long after but generally hated him for no good reason. So my family wasn't necessarily nuclear but it wasn't broken up either
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by EndTheRapture51
This is my castle

Hardly the imposing seat of the patriarchy that ali thinks it is

We all know your castle is mostly underground.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by mind_meld

same here.

i don't know a single person in ALL of my family, that include relatives, uncles, aunts, cousins, who have split up or anything.

i guess it's mainly culture reasons.

I see more americans getting divorced than any other race of people.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by mind_meld

Well, my mum died in September, so that was a "'til death do us part" kind of thing I guess.

Both mum and dad were only children, so no aunts, uncles or cousins to get divorced.

Mum's dad died when mum was 17, dad's mum died when dad was in his late 20's... this pattern pretty much repeats down the generations.

My family is not good at spending retirements together.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Nuclear family. Mom and dad married for 28 years. Have had some pretty rough spots, but never got very close to divorce. My mom's side of the family is as broken up as you can get. My maternal grandparents are divorced and both of my mom's siblings are divorced.
#DTWD
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Well, my mum died in September, so that was a "'til death do us part" kind of thing I guess.

Both mum and dad were only children, so no aunts, uncles or cousins to get divorced.

Mum's dad died when mum was 17, dad's mum died when dad was in his late 20's... this pattern pretty much repeats down the generations.

My family is not good at spending retirements together.

Don't you realise what this means? Just don't have children and you'll be immortal.
I was adopted when I was just a few days old (Its a long and probably boring story).
I have met my biological mother, 2 half sisters and a half brother.
Never met my biological father, but he was/is Polish.

The parents that raised me divorced when I was 15.
I left with my mom and we lived in a small town near Yosemite
I lived with my mom till I was 17 then moved back to Southern California and stayed with my dad. Outside. In a small trailer.
My step-mother was a major major cvnt. She's dead now and for that, I am glad.
I would piss, shit and vomit on her grave if I knew where it was.

So I have 2 families, adoptive and biological.

Biological: I keep in contact with one of my sisters mainly via facebook.
Same with my biological mother.
My brother died of a heart condition a few years ago.

Adoptive: My dad died in 2010. I'm staying with my mom for now.
I keep in touch with several of my cousins and occasionally with my aunt, again via facebook.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jan 7, 2015,
Quote by chrismendiola
Don't you realise what this means? Just don't have children and you'll be immortal.

So, there are benefits to being an ugly prick.

Though that benefit does appear to amount to foreveralone.jpg
Quote by Diemon Dave