Hello Forum-ers.

I think I'm going to try buying a G&L Tribute guitar. I'm curious about the neck, though. The only specs I can find are for the USA options. The tributes have a 'medium C', which isn't listed as an option for the USAs. From the only source I could find, the 'medium C' is thicker than most standard Strat necks (which I prefer).

Can any G&L owners confirm this? Or exact specs would be LOVELY.

I'm leaning towards the legacy, but that comanche has those goofy looking pickups. Which are noiseless. Which is an awesome plus. Anyone have something profound to sway me in either direction?
Well my G&L Tribute ASAT has a slimmer neck than a strat and 12" radius. It is a very comfy guitar
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Based on what has been said and this chart:

...the G&L Tributes and Reverend's current product line have very similar necks- Revs have a 12" radius medium oval. I find this to be very comfy.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
A very comphy medium c profile is the best way I can express it. Very happy with my tribute asat.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Using the above helpful chart, what is the depth/thickness like on the medium C? How does the neck compare to something like the SRV strat, or '59 Les Paul?

I love the big chunky feel on the SRV strat neck, and I like the standard sort of oval C. Necks that are a thinner give me troubles. I hate those Ibanez Wizard necks. And most strat necks that I've played just feel too small.
It honestly reminds me of my PRS wide-fat neck, but a bit thinner not quite PRS wide-thin profile.

Thinner than a SRV or 50's LP for sure

I'm thankful I have never really had an issue changing neck profiles or scale length
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I own a legacy, and while I wouldn't trade it for any other strat, the Comanches are great guitars. As for the neck on the tributes, I felt they were a little flatter than the USA models but still really comfortable. I only really play super beefy necks (50s LP through bludgeoning club sizes) and I found the G&Ls really playable. Though it isn't a tribute, after playing my Les Paul for 3 hours at a gig I can switch to my G&L with very little acclimation. I don't think you'll have any problem with anything in their line.

My last piece of advice, look for used USA G&Ls. I paid less for my 93 USA with noiseless pus than i would have spent on a new tribute. They don't say Fender so they fly under most radars. Happy hunting!
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
Last edited by Butthead at Jan 7, 2015,
Thanks for all the help errrybody!

I'll definitely keep my eye out for cheap USA models. I love the look of those semi hollow strat bodies, and they don't make any 'strat shaped' tributes with a hollow cut. They're ideal, if one falls into my price range.

I like the noise cancelling abilities in the z-coils, but I prefer the way the legacy pickups sound (and the ability to swap pickups if I feel the need). And now after watching more reviews, I'm starting to favor the S-500 model above all of them because of the MFD pickups.

Decisions, decisions.
Let me just say, G&L is an excellent company and I think you'll love whatever you land on. Follow your heart man.
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs