I REALLY wish ESP/LTD would increase their color options. However, I don't believe they produce enough guitars to make it worth their while. I really think if they added more poppy colors they would sell better. I personally don't drool over black finished too (however the Horizon III I had was quite nice).

Idk, maybe they are trying to keep their identity unique by not pleasing everyone.

All I know is that I will be purchasing another one of their guitars in the future, they make some good stuff.
Really fallen out of love with ESP last few years.

Despite that the 401 Baritone could be useful for me atm
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I like ESP but their new logo sucks so bad I wouldn't buy one just because of it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Really want to get a one of those MH guitars. I bought an MH-401QMNT a few years ago and fell in love. Had to sell it since I had some money problems but i'd love to get a new addition to my guitar collection.
That PT-4 bass is soo sexy! My first bass was an LTD D-4 and I absolutely love it for whatever Im playing. I just really wanna try the PT-4 or one of their J-series basses, they look and sound amazing. Those baritone guitars are pretty sexy as well though!
Quote by Robbgnarly
I like ESP but their new logo sucks so bad I wouldn't buy one just because of it.

the E-II thing?

Yeah it's horrible.

"Pay the same money for something with much lamer branding!"

I think I'll pass.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^Well the E-II thing is stupid, but I hate the new font of the ESP and E-II logo
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I like the Arrow.

ESP are a strange company, I really like their stuff, but the EII/LTD Elite thing is a bit daft.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Robbgnarly
^Well the E-II thing is stupid, but I hate the new font of the ESP and E-II logo

I thought they'd had that for a while? I don't keep that close of an eye on esp/ltd, though, so I'm probably wrong
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I thought they'd had that for a while? I don't keep that close of an eye on esp/ltd, though, so I'm probably wrong

They changed it a year or 2 ago but that doesn't make it any less ugly
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
LOL. and yep, agreed.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Robbgnarly

Ditto that.

I really, really dislike the new Gus G models aswell. The black random star is one thing, but the black eclipse looks god awful.

I could be tempted by a Syu Crying Star model, especially one with the 27 frets, but ESP didn't put any of those out this year. Unless there are more to come.

Personally I'm digging Mayones at the moment as a guitar company. Those things are supreme, they have a quality no other company can touch. Gibson is tacky in comparision. Anybody else played a Mayones? :P
Well id love to try out the new LTD 7 string EC. I got an ec-401 a few months ago, and i love it, and i have been wondering about getting a 7 string lately.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
I was happy about the baritone guitars but the fact there is a les paul baritone I laughed my head off. I mean it's hard enough to convince people who play les pauls that 25.5 is acceptable but 27! I would have made an explorer , FRX or forest series of them in a heart beat.

the FRX without a floyd rose part of the LTD line I'm excited about. Either like the BC Rich Draco I'm going to love it or hate it.

didn't really care for the 40th anniversary stuff. All in all it's a good year for ESP
Pay premium price, get E-II logo... yeah, no. Even if they brought out a star, I wouldn't buy it for that logo due to the price.
Quote by Robbgnarly

Isn't the ESP font the same they used for ages? Or do you mean that script style? I think that's simply what they use for Eclipse models, and perhaps other "classic" shapes. Also not new, I think.
the Javier reyes sig and the white FRX 7 string sure catch my attention. the mid range LTDs look really nice in black quilt but I also wish there were more color options. overall, not as impressed as id hoped to be, but they did make some major changes over the last few years with the E-II stuff. they can't just totally revamp everything each year.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by Tallwood13
I was happy about the baritone guitars but the fact there is a les paul baritone I laughed my head off. I mean it's hard enough to convince people who play les pauls that 25.5 is acceptable but 27!

I wouldn't mind, and to be fair, an Eclipse isn't quite the same as a regular Les Paul.

Also, I once had an Epiphone LP 7-string. It was rubbish though.
There are some nice basses in there. Wish they’d make a P-Bass clone in a neck through model with upper fret access.

The electric guitars look like they’re mostly LTD’s meh black guitars with MOAR STRINGS or dentist tops.

And as for those acoustics…just what the world needs, another line of perfunctory acoustic guitars for the poor bastard whose family won’t let him have an electric.
Quote by Fisheth24
I like the Arrow.

ESP are a strange company, I really like their stuff, but the EII/LTD Elite thing is a bit daft.

Yeah that E-II Arrow is so tempting
ESP needs to get over this LTD/E-II bullish!t, like having lower end guitars is going to damage their reputation.

Hello we all know you make LTD and E-II so what's the point?
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine
ESP needs to get over this LTD/E-II bullish!t, like having lower end guitars is going to damage their reputation.

Hello we all know you make LTD and E-II so what's the point?

The LTD name is fine, the guitar is not an ESP, it is made in sub-contracted factory's that ESP does not own, so it is not a ESP. This is where business gets complicated but ESP owns LTD and Licenses their guitar designs to be made. Same thing for Gibson/Epiphone, Fender/Squier. This is to help separate the lines from one another, Yes some companies do use the same name for all their guitars, but not many.

I do think the E-II is stupid when the line was called ESP standard series
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jan 7, 2015,
^ +1
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?