Hi there.

I'm going need som strap locks for my guitars soon, but there's A LOT of strap locks out there.. I'm confused.. Can anyone recommend some or have tried some??

Thanks!
I have Schaller and Dunlop strap locks on my guitars. I like them both and would suggest them both. I have had a set of Schallers on one guitar for over 15yrs and no issues and I have had a set of Dunlop on another guitar for over 10 yrs. either way you cant go wrong
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Dunlop and Schaller are fine.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Dunlop and Schaller are fine.

+1 however i do prefer schaller. not q big deal.

i think what matters more is a proper installation, speaking in regards to keeping your guitar safety
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Will Lane
There are some really durable plastic ones for just over 1$ USD. I like them. Brand is Dunlop I think.

i have seen them, but i wouldn't trust them on a $2k guitar.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I have Schallers on my guitars and can't complain. Secure and easy to use. I get a lot of piece of mind for only $15.
If you throw your guitar around like mad like I do, the Schaller ones are very good
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Dressing my steak with cum is just adding more protein to my steak.

Quote by Roc8995
The Hello Kitty Strat is the most metal guitar known to man.
The Schallers are very good and once you get a couple sets you can go on sites like Philadelphia Luthiers and buy just the strap buttons for your guitars at $4.50 a pair so if you have few favorite guitar straps you can use them on all your guitars by just replacing the strap buttons. I put them on all my guitars and have used them for at least 25 years and they never failed.
I've broken a guitar before due to a strap. Since then I've been using DiMarzio Click Lock straps only. I won't touch anything else.
I use Schallers, but be aware if you are using good quality leather straps, Schaller are a bit crap with the amount of screw thread on the lock and can be a bit of a bitch to get the nut and washer on. I had to trim the leather down a bit on my expensive straps to give me enough thread......ARE YOU READING THIS SCHALLER??????? ARE YOU?????? an extra mm of thread please....
I have Dunlop on all of my guitars, and quite personally trust them with my life, like legit, screw the lock into the side of a cliff, then click my strap into it and hang lol
I see like this, It's better to tell yourself you're not good enough, so you always try to get better and better, rather than to say you are good enough, and not improve. You're never good enough, and in that way, you'll be the best.
I have Fender 'F' Style strap locks on my two Strats. But I just wanted them to be all Fender, because Fender.
I've been using Schaller straplocks on all of my electrics for over 30 years and the only failure I've had was the little release knob unscrewing and getting lost. Not bad for 30+ years. Forget all the other shit, get Schallers.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I only use the Dunlops, as the Schaller sets I've had would always come loose on my leather straps. I suggest taking the strap to the local guitar shop and have them put the locks into the strap holes to check for spacing. If you don't see two or three threads on the Schaller after the nut is put on, I'd recommend the Dunlops; though you'll probably need a set of pliers for the installation.
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
A set of pliers? No wonder they come off the strap. Spanner and shifter, man.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The pliers for those annoying little clips. You can get em on with your fingers, but if you use a set of pliers its way easier. If the strap is thick enough those clips will never come off under normal circumstances haha.
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
Nah, man. That's not how to do it. Put the shifter on the clip and the spanner on the nut. Schallers are strong, you can lean on 'em pretty hard. Then check a day or two later to allow for the leather to settle.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification