Page 1 of 2
I live in one of the most populated cities in world (Istanbul, over 15 million) and I feel like I'm about to throw up just because of the amount of people there is. Its poluted, there is constant traffic jam, it is expensive.

I cant even see a single ****ing star even during the nights with clearist sky.

I dont wanna pull a Walden but I'd really like to live at New Zealand or Uruguay.
cities are pretty cool though and living rurally isn't all it's cracked up to be imo

but i suppose most people feel they need to get away from it all every now and then and i guess that's what people go on holiday for
i've never lived in a BIG city, but i love smaller ones like New Brunswick. population's around 55,000.

it's a lot like the big city. minus ridiculous traffic, skyscrapers, and congested foot traffic.

i could never move to a rural area again. living in the middle of nowhere with no means of transportation is a ****ing nightmare.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i've never lived in a BIG city, but i love smaller ones like New Brunswick. population's around 55,000.

it's a lot like the big city. minus ridiculous traffic, skyscrapers, and congested foot traffic.

i could never move to a rural area again. living in the middle of nowhere with no means of transportation is a ****ing nightmare.

um bro thats a province

the city is fun to visit but terrible to live in
I want a place in the city and a place out in the country, and go back and forth as it pleases me.

But I'd never abandon the city entirely. Who wants to live in Butt****, Nowhere.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Last edited by ErikLensherr at Jan 3, 2015,
My city is super spread out, so I don't really feel like I live in a "big city" even though over a million people live here. I want to try living in a really PACKED city like Hong Kong or New York
I live in Dallas, which has about 10 million in the metro area. However, because the city council of Dallas several years ago was smart and built good public transit, it's really not bad getting to places.

Also, I've lived away from the big city. It sucks. Bad quality internet, takes an hour to get anywhere, etc., etc.
I liked living in a small city. Used to live in Norwich and it was the perfect balance of city life with suburban life. The residential areas were quiet and green and you could chill out and relax there, but in the city there were loads of bars, clubs, shops, events on nearly every night, and general business and lots of people.

Moving out back to an isolated little town and having to travel to do anything interesting is boring as compared. Wouldn't want to live in London though.
I'm not a huge fan of big cities, but their convenience is undeniable.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Never lived in a big city, never really want to. Currently I live in a small beach side "city" with a population of a little over 100k. Perfect size I think.
big cities suck, i currently live in reykjavík which is around 160k people and i mean it's alright but i used to live in the countryside with a lil mom n pop store right next to me and a hot tub and the ability to blast music as loud as humanly possible all day errday. and the peace and quiet, being able to go out and lay in the grass in the summer morning sun at 5 am just enjoying how beautiful everything is. that's all gone now and im living in some apartment complex in the heart of reykjavík
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I could only stand NYC for about 6 days before I started to despise everyone and everything. I prefer small-medium sized cities, with at least some natural scenery to look at.
I've lived in the Country for most of my life and I have to say I ****ing HATE big cities. I really, really do. I don't get why anyone would want to live in Toronto or NY or anything. Everywhere you look is ugly graffiti covered littered shit. People suck, too. I mean the number of people. I can't stand crowds either. Just not a city person I guess.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Last edited by naedauuf at Jan 3, 2015,
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I liked living in a small city. Used to live in Norwich and it was the perfect balance of city life with suburban life. The residential areas were quiet and green and you could chill out and relax there, but in the city there were loads of bars, clubs, shops, events on nearly every night, and general business and lots of people.

Moving out back to an isolated little town and having to travel to do anything interesting is boring as compared. Wouldn't want to live in London though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh-9NNyBipk
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I used to live in central London. I'd move back there in a heartbeat.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I've never lived in a city and I want to live in a city.

Well, not "in" one. I want to live on the outskirts of one. I got a taste of it when I lived on campus for school and the convenience of things is too good to ignore. Driving 20 miles to the nearest Walmart no thank you.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I live in a ~30,000 populated town. Not too big, but kinda big. It's fairly industrialized.

I'd rather a smaller town, with my house fairly secluded by itself.

So don't feel bad. I hate over-industrialization.
Maybe once i reach a certain age, or if i can't afford to live in the city (it is notoriously expensive), but not yet.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I've lived in San Francisco and loved it and I have loved my time visiting NYC although I am very happy where I live now that has a population of 30,000. I can walk to everything I need and I am only 25 minutes from SF.
I'm from a small town and I've quite liked big cities every time I've visited one. I think I would prefer to live in a medium sized city though. Also, I much prefer European cities to North Americans cities for some reason.
I live in Phoenix and I've been told the entire Metropolis extends out about 80 miles. It's not bad. There are mountains everywhere which is dope.
Another thing is since 1998 (I was 5 back then) I live at very outskirt of Istanbul and it was completly forest except a few gates communities. Now there is almost 100k people within 3km radius. They built over 100 appartment complexes, hundreds of shops anything from carefour to ****ing wagamama.

they chopped huge amount of trees down. I have to walk on concrete for +5kms to get to forests which was just outside my doorstep few years ago. Rent/house prices quadrupled in last 10 years.

My college is 60km's away from my house (Asia side of Istanbul) and its inside a forest and same thing is happening to that location...

I understand that being in city gives too many utilities but living in a 100k town with spread population would be much more relaxing. Seeing the familiar faces everyday and actually having relationships with neighbours and stuff...
Last edited by arcanom at Jan 3, 2015,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I live in Dallas, which has about 10 million in the metro area. However, because the city council of Dallas several years ago was smart and built good public transit, it's really not bad getting to places.

Also, I've lived away from the big city. It sucks. Bad quality internet, takes an hour to get anywhere, etc., etc.

All of this, DFW is weird.

I'm in a townhome in dallas at the moment, but there are towns of under one thousand population within an hour from here. You can go from huge skyscrapers to suburbs to the middle of nowhere in a one to two hour drive here.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
um bro thats a province

the city is fun to visit but terrible to live in

um bro, not that New Brunswick.

Hub City, bro.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by naedauuf
I've lived in the Country for most of my life and I have to say I ****ing HATE big cities. I really, really do. I don't get why anyone would want to live in Toronto or NY or anything. Everywhere you look is ugly graffiti covered littered shit. People suck, too. I mean the number of people. I can't stand crowds either. Just not a city person I guess.

This. The city is just too fast paced for my liking. It's why I like Adelaide
I looooove cities. I like the fact that I'm surrounded by so many people who i could potentially get to know but there is absolutely no pressure for me to interact with them. I can't sleep if i don't hear traffic and people's voices. There's always something new going on.

I like visiting non-cities but they just feel so weird and I couldn't imagine myself living far from a city.
cat
Cities scare me and make me depressed. I'd like a happy medium living in an area of around 50k people.
Melbourne would be about 4-5 million but it's so spread out. I live about 20 minutes out from the CBD (travelling on the freeway), normal suburban neighbourhood. Suburbs 40 mins to an hour out used to be like more 'country' areas, but developments have sprung up in the last 5 years or so and they're just like outer suburbs now - urban sprawl. Which is kinda OK because it means you can live in a normal suburb with all those conveniences and still have the big property, the trees, the clear night sky at a cheaper price than inner city.

As much as I love my city, I just want to get away from people and have space, to look around and not have someone's fence right up against my nose.
The best things in life are: good cinemas, nice bars/pubs, great food joints, active music scene and hot single women.

Big city for me it is then.
Our capital (Ljubljana) only has 100.000 people. I go to college there, and i would never live there. Seriously, i cant imagine how i would live in a million people city. I'd probably just curl up in a ball and cry. I do live in kind of a rural area, but its not like living in a house in a middle of nowhere, where the first neighbour is 30km away. Its more like, small town with like 1000 people, then some farmland, forests and meadows, and then another town like that, just a few km away. Its pretty cool.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
I live out in the woods 15 to 20 minutes away from the nearest towns and 45 minutes away from an actual city and have never lived in a city. I honestly can't stand being in a city for long periods of time and after just a few hours of being in Shreveport I'm completely exhausted and want to get home away from everything. Any time I've been to a friend or relative's house in the city the constant traffic going by and stuff just puts me on edge. I just can't be comfortable or relaxed, especially when outside.

The times I've been to really big cities (shreveport's pretty big, but not super big) like Dallas I was a nervous wreck the entire time. It's just the atmosphere/vibe/whatever of cities is so hectic and overwhelming.

The only thing I don't like about living in the country is that the only internet option right now is satellite internet which is very expensive, has a pretty bad download cap, and horrible ping.
A part of me wants to live in a big city for the sake of being able to see more bands perform, but the rest of me says **** that. Not worth the bs.
Quote by behind_you
I would never willingly live in a rural area

the thought scares me

My county has less than 2000 people.

Is that horrifying?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by mind_meld
Melbourne would be about 4-5 million but it's so spread out. I live about 20 minutes out from the CBD (travelling on the freeway), normal suburban neighbourhood. Suburbs 40 mins to an hour out used to be like more 'country' areas, but developments have sprung up in the last 5 years or so and they're just like outer suburbs now - urban sprawl. Which is kinda OK because it means you can live in a normal suburb with all those conveniences and still have the big property, the trees, the clear night sky at a cheaper price than inner city.

As much as I love my city, I just want to get away from people and have space, to look around and not have someone's fence right up against my nose.

I have nothing to do with fences but I'm sick of waiting lines, THE NOISE CAR HORNS THE BACKGROUND FUZZ OF ****ING CITY IS DRIVING ME CRAZY.

Last year I went to a summer location and I was ****ing mesmerised by the starlights. How ****ing pathetic is that? And I'm not talking about aurora borealis level sky scene, just simple bright stars.

I'm seriously thinking of moving to Australia when I graduate. Dont know how I will be useful at any foreign country as I'm studying law (I'll also do MBA) but still I want some where I feel chill.
Page 1 of 2