So I have a yearning for a PRS guitar and I want a PRS Mira. they came out with the Mira in 2008 or something like that I think, than they discontinued the Mira in 2013 and relaunched it last year as part of the S2 series.
Is there a difference between the old original Miras and the S2 model? I read somewhere that the electronics were different (better in the original) but I cant find any other discussions or information. Anyone know anything here?
Yes they are a little different. I'd go for an original one, they run $700-$800
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
a used USA mira is less than or about the same cost as a new S2 Mira as rob states.

while the S2 Mira at my local shop is great, i'd personally still seek out a used USA model because it would hold it's value.

then again that goes for most gear i buy, i prefer used bargains i can dump for the same or more if i decide to sell later.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jan 3, 2015,
i personally dislike the s2s ands find real USA original line PRS guitars hugely superior.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)