Hello guys ii need help iam buying a new amp ehich can play guns n roses songs as november rain etc. And also others famous hard rock songs i was thinking about marshall dsl40c but i need help ☺
Try and find a used DSL401, or a peavey vypyr tube 60 if you want more versatility, or possibly a Jet City JCA50.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I want only new one bc of xperience and marshall dsl40c or marshall sl5 arent so good for those songs ?
JCA 50 and a 2X12 cab here. Or if possible an older DSL as Spambot rightly says.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
yeah if you want to go new you'll struggle to beat the jet city head and harley benton g212vintage cab. 3 year warranty too from thomann.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Jet City JCA 22H/50H for sure with a Harley Benton 212 vintage cab.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Seagull S6
Laney Lionheart L5T

and a bunch pedals...
Quote by Fisheth24
JCA 50 and a 2X12 cab here. Or if possible an older DSL as Spambot rightly says.

this good amp..
Quote by vladkoss
I need your opinion about marshall dsl40c and marshall sl5
The dsl40c is good but doesn't sound like a JCM800, and the dsl401 is usually regarded as plain better sounding.

The SL5 is a gimmick - sounds pretty much like slash but it's hella small considering what it's designed for and it's hella overpriced considering what it is.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Oh okey so i will try to buy jet city jca50 i found that it costs only 300 euros is it normal ?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

All of this.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Okey so i need to buy amp not head with cab and i need good amp for 600 euros ONLY NEW
you don't want a half (or quarter) stack then?

there's a 1x12" combo version of the jet city 50 watt head. problem is thomann seems to be out of stock of it most of the time. but if you're in no rush it should be well under budget (IIRC it's only slightly more expensive than the 50 watt head alone).

this one: http://www.jetcityamplification.com/#!5012c/c1zri

(there's a 2x12 50 watt combo too but it's a different circuit, not as high gain, probably not what you want.)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
you don't want a half (or quarter) stack then?

there's a 1x12" combo version of the jet city 50 watt head. problem is thomann seems to be out of stock of it most of the time. but if you're in no rush it should be well under budget (IIRC it's only slightly more expensive than the 50 watt head alone).

this one: http://www.jetcityamplification.com/#!5012c/c1zri

(there's a 2x12 50 watt combo too but it's a different circuit, not as high gain, probably not what you want.)

They closed out the 50W 112 for $300. I would've preferred the 212 version for the built-in reverb.
Quote by vladkoss
I need your opinion about marshall dsl40c and marshall sl5
The DSL40C is a great amp. I have one. The sound is great, pretty powerful, yet still good volume for practicing. I play GNR with the amp, and it sounds very close to the original, its a great amp, great price for a tube as well. Plus, I have no need for any distortion or overdrive pedals, as the amp provides a great sound unassisted.
Last edited by moskeedog at Jan 5, 2015,
Quote by Ippon
They closed out the 50W 112 for $300. I would've preferred the 212 version for the built-in reverb.

yeah but it's not got the high gain channel, right?

(that's just from hearsay, I've only tried the 50 watt head)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hahahahahaha
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?