I will keep this brief. I am not knowledgeable when it comes to speaker ohms. I have located my Fender Super Six Reverb schematic here http://www.ampwares.com/schematics/Super-Six-Schematic.jpg which states 4 TO 8 OHMS EXTERNAL SPEAKER (located in the upper right of the image).

I also have recently purchased Audio Technica's ATH-M50's. I purchased these for listening to music at work. Specs below:
Type: Closed-back dynamic
Driver Diameter: 45 mm
Magnet: Neodymium
Voice Coil: CCAW (Copper-clad aluminum wire)
Frequency Response: 15 - 28,000 Hz
Maximum Input Power: 1,600 mW at 1 kHz
Sensitivity: 99 dB
Impedance: 38 ohms
Input impedance: 47kOhm

I have not been able to figure out if using these headphones through the external speaker output of the amp will damage the amp or the headphones. Any help, or further understanding of this subject rather, is appreciated.

Rusty
don't you will ruin the headphones
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^ and the amp.

You can't use headphones with that amp TS.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Noted... I tried to research the amp but its from the 70's and not the popular Fender Super Reverb. I figured the Ex. Speaker output was not for headphones... Thanks!
well I doubt it will break the amp in the amount of time the it takes to blow the phones
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
You could get an attenuator with a headphone out, but the quality probably won't be very good at all.

The one I've got is this: https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/mass.htm
My Current Gear
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Cherry Burst) || Gibson Les Paul Junior (Vintage Sunburst)
Marshall 1987X and 1960AX || Weber Mass 100
Fulltone OCD pedal || Ibanez TS-9 tube screamer || Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker || Boss AC2