Hi guys i need some help from you, wich superstrat is the best from these 3 (im playing mostly metal), i need passive pickups (dont like the sound of actives), a fast neck, low action and a floating tremolo:

Schecter Banshee 6 FR Passive

Jackson SL2Q Pro Soloist

Ibanez RG920QMZ

(sorry for my english, im from Slovakia )
Out of those 3, SL2.

Although I'd try getting my hands on an MIJ Jackson Pro or a used Ibanez Prestige if those options are available to you.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
for an off the shelf guitar, you need to look at charvel. i would probably take it over those 3.

if you want to go a different route then you can get a baseline carvin for that money. their models for super strats are coming in around 850 for a bolt series of the neck thrus, and that leaves some money for upgrades or stuff you do yourself.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by ikey_

if you want to go a different route then you can get a baseline carvin for that money. their models for super strats are coming in around 850 for a bolt series of the neck thrus, and that leaves some money for upgrades or stuff you do yourself.

Doesn't include the cost of shipping the guitar to Slovakia though.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
also do they even ship outside the USA? I was under the impression (could be wrong) that carvins were sold outside the USA by dealers, and that markup erodes a lot of the savings you get with a carvin in the USA.

A charvel is a good shout, though. if you're ok with buying from the UK (and assuming the postage cost isn't prohibitive), richtone still has a couple of the japanese-made Charvels in stock. the trem isn't recessed, but you can set it up to float. doesn't give you just as much up-pull as a recessed one (normally about a semitone to a tone), so that's worth bearing in mind if that's important.

http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/products/copy-charvel_japanese_san_dimas_style_1_hh_mn_snow_white.asp (no case, just to point out)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

A charvel is a good shout, though. if you're ok with buying from the UK (and assuming the postage cost isn't prohibitive), richtone still has a couple of the japanese-made Charvels in stock. the trem isn't recessed, but you can set it up to float. doesn't give you just as much up-pull as a recessed one (normally about a semitone to a tone), so that's worth bearing in mind if that's important.

http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/products/copy-charvel_japanese_san_dimas_style_1_hh_mn_snow_white.asp (no case, just to point out)

...they do not ship to Slovakia, I think I go with the Jackson SL2 but thanx :-)

..or

...different options?
there's a lot of personal taste. For me this is what I think of the three brands.

I've never liked an ibanez. Played at least 10 of them, gio to jem. A majority of the ones I tried had Edges and I always said so what. The necks too thin, the bodies too light, almost all the wood routed out of them. no matter how I adjusted my amp I couldn't get a tone I liked. Oddly enough I've got an RG350 project on the go to flip. Waiting on two of the most overpriced screws ever for it. Sound wise too balanced and sterile (without life). People often blame the pickups the second they get the guitar and put their line 6 on ten but even acoustically it's so what and if that is ever the case... run! dont buy the guitar; try others. You worked hard for your money and deserve a guitar you are excited about and like the sound of right out of the box.

Jackson make great guitars, the soloist has a thin but not too thin neck. Their radius on the frets is the same as what Fender does on the deluxe models. Haven't seen the specs yet but they have a tenancy to use alder a lot. So if that's the case it's going to be bright.

now that schecter that is an excellent guitar. Schecter is owned by the parent company of ESP guitars which make LTD, Edwards and grassroots as well. This guitars got a thin C neck and a bright tone. I like how the pickups are bolted in and there's no garbage pickguard.. in fact I think I've worked on one of these guitars.

me personally I like the schecter the most
the bridge is excellent, it's a step below a German floyd rose
the scale length is right
the tuners are great
I like how there is a 3 way blade, I'd put a super 5 way on it in the future
the neck is thin to shred on
the fret radius people may take for granted but it works well for this guitar
the neck is strong / there is a volute on the neck I bet
the new seymour duncan pickups if you don't like them you can sell them.
the controls are simple and as a bonus you can coiltap the pickups for single coil tones.

honestly the only 2 things I can think that would be bad is the weight as my damien 6 elite is about 10-11lbs and the fact it's bolt on. Bolt on are good guitars don't get me wrong but other than that it's a perfect guitar that you won't have to spend much money on upgrading.
Not sure on the sl2 but I have the sl3 jap soloist and it's pretty hard to beat, such a super smooth comfortable beast of a guitar. It can do anything from pop through blues to heavy metal. The floyd seems to be on par with the schaller model too, got that in another guitar.
I go with the Jackson, i have another question it comes with standard tuning E and 9-42 strings,but I want to tune it down to drop C or drop B and switch the strings to 10-52. But it has a Floyd Rose® FRT-O2000 Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed) and I heard that its not easy to switch strings on floating tremolos and Im new to Floyd Rose.
^ the big problem is constantly changing tunings. once you get it into your new tuning it should be ok. but it's still more bother than sticking with the stock tuning and string gauge. there's a sticky about floyd roses at the top of the forum with some info in it.

Quote by Soulweeper
...they do not ship to Slovakia, I think I go with the Jackson SL2 but thanx :-)

..or

...different options?

ah i didn't realise that, i just assumed they shipped throughout europe. sorry about that

i haven't tried the newer jacksons since they stopped making them in japan unfortunately. so I have no opinion on that. FWIW I think the bolt-on Jacksons in the pro series are made in Mexico, while the neck-thrus are indonesia or maybe india (?), if that matters.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have the ibanez rg920qmz and its a fantastic guitar. However, recently got a ibanez prestige rg652 and its an amazing guitar for the money
Quote by Dave_Mc

So tempting - would go well with my MIJ dinky. Looks like a great guitar for the price - is it comparable to the MIJ jacksons?
Quote by -Ed-
So tempting - would go well with my MIJ dinky. Looks like a great guitar for the price - is it comparable to the MIJ jacksons?

Yes.

If anything its better than an MIJ Jackson Dinky because the Dinky has a Licensed floyd and the Charvel has an FR 1000 I think. But once the Floyd on the Jackson is swapped for an OFR, they're both very comparable.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Cool...probably more than my life's worth though if I do buy it

How much better is a floyd over the jackson lfr? Gotta say I've no complaints with it but have no basis for comparison
Quote by -Ed-
Cool...probably more than my life's worth though if I do buy it

How much better is a floyd over the jackson lfr? Gotta say I've no complaints with it but have no basis for comparison

The materials used to make the FR 1000 are better quality than the ones used to make Jackson LFR's. That's all there is to it. Better quality materials make for a more dependable trem.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
^ Yeah. The FRT-x000 isn't quite as nice as a "real" German-made OFR, Schaller, Gotoh etc. (IMO), but it's decent and usable. Some of the other cheaper ones aren't (again, IMO).

And yeah the MIJ charvels are nice guitars. Maybe even a little nicer than the MIJ Jackson bolt-ons.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?