Page 1 of 2
Or you just listen to mp3's?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
i am bob sacamano so obv not

320kbps is fine for me.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
320kbps is fine for me.

this

280~ gets a little meh, anything worse and its just not worth listening to
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Eastwinn
do you have a problem with mp3s?

god help you say no.
Do you have a problem with good sounding audio?

They're a most effective way of distributing audio 'cause they're supported by almost everything, and good for you if you can't hear the difference, but they really don't sound much good.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
I have enough pointless things I care about that make me unbearably pretentious. I don't see the harm in caring about another.

I only listen to music live because that's the best bitrate you'll ever get and anything less than that sounds like literal garbage to my ears.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
I have enough pointless things I care about that make me unbearably pretentious. I don't see the harm in caring about another.

I only listen to music live because that's the best bitrate you'll ever get and anything less than that sounds like literal garbage to my ears.

I only listen to poor quality bootlegged versions that happened before the official recording.

Nothing else really captures the soul of it
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
i don't listen to music in a vacuum, so sound quality doesn't mean too much.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Ital_Ian_the_Fox! Ital_Ian_the_Fox! Ital_Ian_the_Fox!
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
unless you composed music using electromagnetic waves instead of physical sound waves
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Spambot_2
Or you just listen to mp3's?

you literally cannot tell the difference between 320kbps and a wav file
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Sound quality would mean nothing in a vacuum. Hue.

oh man you gots me ther.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
i don't care for most things, tbh.

dat edge!!!

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Spambot_2
good for you if you can't hear the difference, but they really don't sound much good.

Unless every part of your audio chain was very high quality ($$$), I doubt you can hear the difference either.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Baby Joel
unless you composed music using electromagnetic waves instead of physical sound waves

and blast it straight into your fvcking brain
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
I only listen to sick wubs composed on Macs so new, your local Apple Store doesn't even have them available to pre-order yet.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I only listen to sick wubs composed on Macs so new, your local Apple Store doesn't even have them available to pre-order yet.

jellyyyyyyy

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Most mp3s and cd rips sound fine to me, I don't get that lossless audio quality hype.
I care about as much as is necessary. There have been lots of studies that show just how full of shit most audiophiles are, though, and that is amusing.
Check out my band Disturbed
I'm fine with mp3s. I've played the same song back to back in different formats and could tell the difference, but if someone just played a song for me in one format and asked if it was a lossy format I wouldn't be able to tell unless it was pretty low quality. The quality of your sound system is much more important.
usually go for lossless because i love it

320kbps mp3s are also alright
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by So-Cal
you literally cannot tell the difference between 320kbps and a wav file

with a decent sound system it can mean a huge difference
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by So-Cal
I literally cannot tell the difference between 320kbps and a wav file
FTFY.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Unless every part of your audio chain was very high quality ($$$), I doubt you can hear the difference either.
I don't even.
I mean I probably wouldn't hear much difference if I were using a pair of $5 earbuds, but half decent equipment is enough for me.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
You guys are forgetting the most important factor here...

...foxes have evolved a better ability to hear sound quality than humans.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
192kbps sounds good enough for me. At least sounds very close to the CD (I'm sure you could hear a difference if you paid close attention to it). But in some 128kbps files I have noticed a clear quality difference.

Of course if possible, I listen to the CD.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Don't know exactly what they are offhand, but I tweaked the settings I have things set to rip CDs with to the point that I can't hear any difference between the uncompressed CD files and the MP3s. The files are still more manageable, and even if there is a difference, my ears can't hear it.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by theogonia777
You guys are forgetting the most important factor here...

...foxes have evolved a better ability to hear sound quality than humans.

OT: 128kbps minimum for me
Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Jan 3, 2015,
128kbps sounds like a bunch of vietnamese children getting their intestines torn out
Quote by korinaflyingv
Quote by Burgery
128kbps sounds like a bunch of vietnamese children getting their intestines torn out

so kvlt
no really, you cant actually hear a difference
Quote by korinaflyingv
idk the exact numbers but Youtube music quality is shit. I'm done ripping from Youtube.
/2cents
Quote by Spambot_2
FTFY.

the only time i've been able to notice a difference was in a studio with monitors that cost in excess of 5 grand and the difference in sound was so minimal that it basically isn't worth worrying about
320kbps for me please.

I want to hear as much distortion and audio deterioration in as much detail as possible on my old folk and blues records.
Page 1 of 2