Hey ya'll. Normally I'm really clued up on what I want, but I'm not sure this time... Maybe you guys can help?

Alright, it's my 21st next Saturday and I'm wanting a new guitar, probably ESP but I'm open to other options too, I''ve spotted a nice Horizon on Evilbay, (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ESP-Horizon-NT2-Bare-Knuckle-Black-Hawk-/161538845412)

but I have a feeling it's over priced and that the standard used price has gone up because of the new EII malarkey that went on. My original plan was to go for one of the NOS stock ESP SV standards that's up now, but in reality I can't really justify almost 2K for a guitar, without going custom and a custom isn't really the place to try out a new wood type or whatever it is.

Ideally I want:

Ebony/Maple fretboard
Passives
No trem
24 frets
25.5 scale
H/H or H/S/H
Not sure what to call it, but an unfinished back of the neck like my ESP Alexi (Not a major deal breaker if the guitar hasn't got it though)
Not black

1-1.5K

Bear it in mind I'm in the UK, so a lot of good options such as Carvin are out unfortunately.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Jan 3, 2015,
satin finish to the neck, maybe? (don't quote me on that, I haven't tied the alexi)

maybe an ibanez s5521Q prestige? pretty mediocre (at best) stock pickups, though, and not exactly cheap considering that fact...

and yeah the whole esp/ltd/eII thing is a cluster****. i started looking at some online stores to see if I could find any NOS ESPs, and I gave up because the shops seem to now lump them all together resulting in way too many hits...

EDIT: richtone has a few of the MIJ charvels left (white, san dimas) without a case. it has a trem but it's a top mount so it should be blockable pretty easily... a lot cheaper than those other options at £450. Or I've seen some of those NOS MIJ EVH guitars for a similar price. but guitar guitar (I think that's the shop that had them) only has the black left. and for more money.

http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/products/copy-charvel_japanese_san_dimas_style_1_hh_mn_snow_white.asp
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 3, 2015,
Caparison is worth a look.
Maybe Mayones
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jan 3, 2015,
^ there's that new cheaper caparison series that should be under budget (i think the regular caparisons are well over budget, though he might get lucky at the top end of his budget). they claim it's still MIJ. though the cynic in me thinks they look suspiciously similar to the older MIJ Jacksons... which were a lot cheaper.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Played a couple of the MIJ Caparisons when I was testing my ESP.

They were garbage. I was appalled at the price tag.

Also: The Alexi isn't satin, it's completely clear. Not sure if it's been finished in oil or something. But it feels nice, my hands get sweaty in rehersals and they don't stick to the back of the neck.

Could always go custom?
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Jan 3, 2015,
charvel or a music man
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
^^ LOL. I quite liked the caparison I tried, but I did think it should've cost about half the price it actually did (and at the time you could've imported one from japan for about half the price, including all customs fees, shipping etc. ).

if it's an oil finish (as I said, I don't know if it is or not, I haven't tried it) a musicman would be worth a look as ikey_ said.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Look for a used PRS standard 24 or Custom 24
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
isn't there a hard tail charvel that ticks all those boxes?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Look at Schecter. The only box that wouldn't be checked depending on the model would be the back of the neck being painted. The Banshee's are bolt on with Ebony, and the new Banshee Elite's are Neck-Thru.
2014 Ibanez RG8
2013 Schecter Hellraiser
1999 Schecter Revenger 7
2007 LTD 'Monster' F
B.C. Rich KK Warlock
No-Name Acoustic
Quote by ThePIGI_King
Look at Schecter. The only box that wouldn't be checked depending on the model would be the back of the neck being painted. The Banshee's are bolt on with Ebony, and the new Banshee Elite's are Neck-Thru.

IIRC Schecter don't really have anything in the way of passives, I thought it was all EMG's and Blackouts? They're great, but not what I'm wanting for this guitar.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Ah ok, doesn't help I'm in the UK.

Will keep an eye out for Schecter's with passives. That's the weak link on my ATX V IMO.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Fisheth, their Banshee series has passive electronics as an option. Their new Banshee Elite line does as well. Also, as a last resort, the KM-6 is a mightily beautiful guitar if you go Schecter.
2014 Ibanez RG8
2013 Schecter Hellraiser
1999 Schecter Revenger 7
2007 LTD 'Monster' F
B.C. Rich KK Warlock
No-Name Acoustic
Those Banshee 7's look tasty, the bolt on kinda turns me off, but if they're good...
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I've honestly not been able to play one, but I've heard some pretty good things about them so far. You could always go for the new line, Banshee elite, which are Neck-thru. You'd have to wait a bit to see if they offer more colours, but I think I heard they are going to. For your ease:
http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/banshee-elite
The necks are super thin. Thinner than the SLS series, if my memory serves correctly.
2014 Ibanez RG8
2013 Schecter Hellraiser
1999 Schecter Revenger 7
2007 LTD 'Monster' F
B.C. Rich KK Warlock
No-Name Acoustic