Hey guys -- running into a snag here (and you all know how desperate one can get when trying to get an upgrade finished in order to hear how it sounds!!!):

I bought a Seymour Duncan Black Winter bridge pup to upgrade my new guitar. My guitar has a 3-way selector, a volume pot, and a push/pull tone pot. For the life of me, I can't find a schematic for that particular configuration. None of the ones on Duncan's website match what I have.

Anyway, I've got it all together, but it sounds like utter shit when just the bridge pup is selected on full-humbucker mode. I think it's an "out of phase" sound. I just sounds kind of mushy without a strong crunch to it. When I pull the tone knob out, it sounds A LOT better, but it's a single-coil distorted sound, as it should be with the knob that way.

The neck pickup works exactly as it did before. It's just that full-humbucker on the bridge sound that's not good.

I basically tried to copy the way my old pickup came out. The difference is, the Black Winter has an additional black wire that I didn't know what to do with. At first, it made only a very weak sound with the black wire unattached -- so I poked it around and got sound when I held it to one of the terminals on the push/pull tone pot. So I soldered it there and then tried it -- only to find that the tone is shit. Where should that black wire be connected?

Right now, the green and white wires are spliced and connected to the middle terminal of one side of the tone pot (the other middle prong is connected to the green and white wires from the neck pup).

I have the red wire connected to one side of the pickup selector.

The uncoated wire is spliced with the other pup's uncoated wire and connected to the side of the pickup selector (I assume this is the ground).

And again, the black wire is connected to the tone pot, on the opposite set of terminals that the green and white wires are connected to.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Got it! This guitar, with the Black Winter, sounds like the world is coming to an end . Stay tuned for a NGD!!!
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood