I plan on using them for 2 things:

-Music listening
-Speakers for my amp sim setup

Which is better for this? I want to keep it very cheap (rarely use speakers) but still good quality. Any specific ones? Looking at under $100 preferably cheaper. I also keep it at a low volume 99% of the time.
For what you wanna do, you look like you want a pair of headphones.
For a little more than $100 you can get pretty good stuff - ATH-M50's or AKG K240 mkII.

For that money though you'll not get any worthwhile pair of speakers, really.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
^Agreed. $100 isn't gonna buy you any monitors that are worth a damn, but decent headphones can be had at that price.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Don't know US prices, but I'd have thought $100 would be plenty for a perfectly acceptable set of MM speakers. They aren't going to be studio monitors, but for playing music & as a loudspeaker for practicing, there will be something out there.

For this, I'd recommend avoiding music stores and shopping around some discount electrical retailers for as good a set as you can find. I know there's loads available in the UK in the £50-100 price bracket. Sure, they aren't the best money can buy but they're good enough to get the job done.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by Spambot_2
For what you wanna do, you look like you want a pair of headphones.
For a little more than $100 you can get pretty good stuff - ATH-M50's or AKG K240 mkII.

For that money though you'll not get any worthwhile pair of speakers, really.

Actually have 2 pairs of M50's (old and "x" version). I may just settle for regular speakers then. Just wanted speakers for the convenience.
Last edited by The Bacon Man at Jan 4, 2015,