Page 1 of 3
I have read the Harry Potter series and am halfway through the Lord of The Rings. I have also read the Inheritance series, loved the first few books and the world but found many characters quite boring and couldn't complete the last book, often skipping chapters in between.

I would love to start a new series with more swordplay than magic, a good world and please no adult scenes...
Wheel Of Time.

A Song Of Ice and... Wait you said no adult scenes. So that's that one out.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Breaking Agents of Mad Thrones.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I don't think the Kingkiller series has adult stuff. Name of the Wind was great. I need the second one.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Wheel of Time, I guess. I'd rec A Song of Ice and Fire but you said no adult scenes. IMO that's a shitty trade-off because A Song of Ice and Fire is really ****ing good and it fits your other criteria perfectly.
Yea, ASOIAF is pretty awesome but has some cringey sexual scenes
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
His Dark Materials trilogy? (aka The Golden Compass)
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz

Never read this but I've heard good things
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by whywefight
Fifty Shades of Grey is pretty rad

came here to say the same
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by snipelfritz

The first two books were good but I thought the third was a letdown. I always forget that I've read them.
I read them a long long time ago (well before the movie), so I don't remember at all.

I remember liking Artemis Fowl books also. They were cool and appropriate for 12 year old me.
David Gemmell has a bunch of fantasy series which are all fairly swordplay-oriented, but a few of his books have awkward-ass sex scenes. Only the occasional one though.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Last edited by entity0009 at Jan 4, 2015,
Quote by entity0009
but a few of his books have awkward-ass sex scenes in.

the English teacher in me wants to beat you to a pulp right now.
Quote by snipelfritz

Forgive me, it's 6am in the morning and I haven't sleeped
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by snipelfritz

he meant awkward ass-sex scenes
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
he meant awkward ass-sex scenes

Goddammit I'm gonna have to go back and edit my post again
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by BladeSlinger
Yea, ASOIAF is pretty awesome but has some cringey sexual scenes

Myrish swamp and fat pink mast hmu
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Chronicles of Narnia

I mean the lion is Jesus, like come on how metal is that?
Forgot to mention Stephen King's Dark Tower series.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
The Belgariad. It's criminally underrated, I personally think it belongs up there with Lord of The Rings in terms of fame. Harry Potter's pretty decent (more for younger readers), I read all the books, but if you lean more towards LOTR then you'll love the Belgariad.
Chronicles of Thomas Covenant by Stephen Donaldson.

IMO, the best fantasy books out there (although I haven't read everything).
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Okay I will try the Wheel of Time and Dark Tower series. I know that A Song of Ice and Fire is supposed to be really good, but... you know...

Has anyone read The Sword of Truth series? Did you like it?

And those of you who recommended Fifty Shades of Grey are real scumbags xD I didn't mean that fantasy...
Quote by GaryBillington
Chronicles of Thomas Covenant by Stephen Donaldson.

IMO, the best fantasy books out there (although I haven't read everything).

Yes. This.

I'd love to recommend some of the Micheal Moorecock stuff. Especially the History of the Runesword. He's terrible with characters but I love his world building.

Also the Eternal Champion novels are worth reading.

And the Narnia series if you haven't already.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by ErikLensherr
Myrish swamp and fat pink mast hmu

I don't remember fat pink mast but I definitely remember Myrish swamp because I came across that scene while looking for another part

fucking Martin. what a line
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
It's Martin's description of Sam's dick the first time he has sex with Gilly. You probably repressed it.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Fisheth24
Yes. This.

Also, Pratchett's Discworld if you want a light-hearted take on the genre that's also an excellent read.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by josonmj

Has anyone read The Sword of Truth series? Did you like it?

It's fairly okay I think, its a quite long series if I remember correctly? Like almost 20 books or something..the book series are way better than the tv-series though.

Series I really enjoyed were The lies of Locke Lamora, theyre quite thick and I havent read the third book yet (dont even know if its written yet tbh) and Anything by Robin Hobb. You should definitely look into The Farseer Trilogy by her. I saw someone mention The Dark Tower series by Stephen King aswell, they're also very good. It's funny if you've read some other Stephen King books because some characters make appearances ^^
Pokemon.

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 4, 2015,
Quote by BladeSlinger
Never read this but I've heard good things

First book is incredible but I didn't enjoy the next two nearly as much. Had some really cool concept but just weren't as enjoyable. Maybe I'll read them again one day.

I'd recommend Wheel of Time. It's a long series with a lot of flaws and I'm only on book 4 but I'm compelled to keep reading for some reason.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
The Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb. Then the Liveship Traders, the Tawny Man and the Rain Wilds. Best series I have ever read.
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
Quote by snipelfritz

i remembered them being fantastic, but that was when i was like 6th and 7th grade. can't even remember any of the plotline

the inheritance series i think is all right. eragon's a pretty exciting read, but the rest after do have some really long and unexciting passages as far as the politics of the story go. also blah blah ripped off star wars and lotr blah blah
Last edited by Dregen at Jan 4, 2015,
Quote by BladeSlinger
I don't remember fat pink mast but I definitely remember Myrish swamp because I came across that scene while looking for another part

fucking Martin. what a line

My favourite line wasn't even sexual it was just giving a description of Reek and it's like "Your lips look like two worms fucking."
Quote by Skullivan
Chronicles of Narnia

I mean the lion is Jesus, like come on how metal is that?

Narnia's books are excellent. Great for kids too. Golden Compass books also good for young readers. The Hungergames books? I found the writing got better with each book.

The Discworld series is a good read though my friends recommended me to start at the later books as they are the finer ones.
Edit: The Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, although the two above are "sci-fi" they are good reads.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Last edited by Nameless742 at Jan 4, 2015,
My mate's heavy into some series called Malazan Book of the Fallen. No idea what it's about like.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by snipelfritz
I read them a long long time ago (well before the movie), so I don't remember at all.

I remember liking Artemis Fowl books also. They were cool and appropriate for 12 year old me.

hellz yeah! i never finished all of them, but i really liked the Artemis Fowl series.

still need to read Eion Colfer's Hitchhiker's Guide book.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Trowzaa
My mate's heavy into some series called Malazan Book of the Fallen. No idea what it's about like.

Apparently this series is amazing. Been meaning to read them but I think I'll be reading Wheel of Time for the next 20 years of my life.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Page 1 of 3