ITT List your best recommendations for glitch pedals.

What is a glitch pedal? What does it sound like? To be honest, I don't know. It's a very unique thing.

I'm sure you've heard it before. The guitar is punching a gnarly rhythm or slapping a fast lick, and all of the sudden the guitar glitches. This glitch could be a super-fast tremolo effect like a killswitch, bit-crushing/ring modulating, or rapid octave switching, or a little bit of each. And maybe more.

And I want something that can do that. I've found a few, like the Dwarfcraft Memento and the HEXE reVOLVER. But I didn't like them too much. The Memento is just a killswitch, and the reVOLVER seems to be somewhat unavailable and large and probably pricey.

Any suggestions? The glitchier and randomer, the better.
Glitch pedal might mean different things.

What I think about when I hear "glitch pedal" is the crushsound farmer's mill.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Check out the smallsound/bigsound f*ck overdrive. It might look like an ordinary overdrive at first glance, but I've heard that the inspiration for the pedal came from decaying recording tape. It might not be as glitchy as you'd like, but it makes some great crackling and disintegrating noises.
Here are some:

Earthquaker Devices Arpanoid
Earthquaker Devices Rainbow Machine
Ohnoho Chk Chk Boom
Ohnoho Utter Stutter
WMD Geiger Counter
Red Panda Bitcrusher
Red Panda Particle
Skychord Glamour Box
Metasonix KV-100 Ass Blaster
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 4, 2015,
+1 Earthquaker devices
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Others that can get into glitch territory:

Hiwatt Echo Theremin
Korg Kaoss Pad and Kaossilator family of effects
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!