i have roland cube 15xl amp with two more jacks apart from the input jack- one is the 3.5mm "aux in" and the other one says recording/phones which is of 6.35mm
i tried putting my headphones into that 3.5mm "aux in" jack but nothing happened
do i have to buy that 1/8" to 1/4" adapter and put it in that other recording/phones jack and then use my headphones? or there is some other way?

btw this is the panel of my amp:-

Quote by Deliriumbassist
You need that adaptor. The aux in is an input, not an output. You plug in, for example, your mp3 player so you can play songs through your amp. Useful to play along to stuff.

ok

and, does that mean i can use that aux in jack to play songs through my laptop on that amp and use the amp as speakers using that double-sided 3.5mm jack cable?
Quote by MohitSaxena.844
ok

and, does that mean i can use that aux in jack to play songs through my laptop on that amp and use the amp as speakers using that double-sided 3.5mm jack cable?

Yup.

As stated above you need an Aux to 1/4" adapter to listen with headphones. Like this: http://www.amazon.com/CableWholesale-4-Inch-Stereo-Adaptor-30S1-14200/dp/B000I94FLS
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Yep, that cable looks fine for connecting your laptop to the aux in to play music from your laptop through your amp.
Quote by MohitSaxena.844
any way i could use my laptop as an effects pedal?

You would need some sort of an interface, like a sound card. You could also try the Behringer guitar link, i think its the cheapest option avaliable. Anyway, you then need some software like Amplitube or GuitarRig (or any free alternative), plug the guitar into the interface, set up the effects, bypass the amp sim and send it out to the amp. To be honest, its a lot of work for a pretty crappy setup, you might as well just use the software to simulate the amp as well, so you dont have a need for your amp.

If you wanna know more about this, you should read the stickies in the recording forum.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
well just for the update: i am right now using my amp as laptop speaker and it sounds too good better than any speakers i guess
and idk why but all those amp controls stopped working when i connected it to the laptop, working as normal speaker no fancy
Quote by MohitSaxena.844
well just for the update: i am right now using my amp as laptop speaker and it sounds too good better than any speakers i guess
and idk why but all those amp controls stopped working when i connected it to the laptop, working as normal speaker no fancy

That's what it's supposed to do. If you're plugging your laptop into it through the "aux in" jack, that signal is not touched by the amp's equalizer and other controls. It's done that way so that you can play along with whatever is plugged in there, and your backing track isn't distorted by the amp tone.