Page 1 of 2
http://www.npr.org/2015/01/04/374857829/a-pastor-moves-past-his-attraction-to-men-and-so-does-his-wife?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20150104

Interested to know what the pit thinks about this.

TL;DR:
A man who is sexually attracted to men more than women is a pastor at a church and chose to marry a women, whom he loves, due to his religious beliefs, instead of pursuing same sex partners.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Last edited by c3powil at Jan 4, 2015,
Quote by Weaponized
10 bucks on him getting caught with a gay prostitute in 5 years

*alter boy

But if he can pull this off, quite inspiring.
Quote by Drop -D
*alter boy

But if he can pull this off, quite inspiring.

how so?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Obviously bi
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Coming from a mostly Catholic country, I really had to think a bit after reading the title to realise what was actually going on.
His choice.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
how so?

A man who follows his ideals and is unswayed by temptations of passions.
Quote by Drop -D

meh
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Drop -D

lel
I think it's disgusting. Gay people should only be allowed to marry gay people. I don't want them mixing with my kind.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
I think it's disgusting. Gay people should only be allowed to marry gay people. I don't want them mixing with my kind.

Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
Quote by Drop -D
plebs

i am sorry that we are not all sophisticated nazis like you
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
i am sorry that we are not all sophisticated nazis like you

apology accepted

In curiosity as to the comments on this...well..."pastors situation" i clicked on this...i'd just like to say that your replies are quite humorous from "mixing with my kind" (being a lesbian myself with NO interest in finding a husband-no worries) lol to sophisticated nazi who's accepted apology was amazing. lol kudos to you all. haha
Quote by ADRIASB1124
In curiosity as to the comments on this...well..."pastors situation" i clicked on this...i'd just like to say that your replies are quite humorous from "mixing with my kind" (being a lesbian myself with NO interest in finding a husband-no worries) lol to sophisticated nazi who's accepted apology was amazing. lol kudos to you all. haha

i am also a lesbian but i should warn you

other than me being a lesbian nothing in this thread is serious

just so you know
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by ADRIASB1124

you're new to the internet right?
nothing wrong with finding god the sexiest, if you're so inclined
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Baby Joel

Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by The Spoon
Wonder if they both fantasize about a freaky threeway with Jesus.

Don't we all?

Though my fantasies always end when Jesus sends me to hell because I ask if I can nail him.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
"I think we all have part of our desires that we choose not to act on, right? So for me, it's not just that the religion was important to me, but communion with a God who loves me, who accepts me right where I am."

'Yo dude, I accept you for who you are, but please don't **** that neighbor dude that's hotter than your wife without consequences for arbitrary reasons. Please and thank you'
Quote by whywefight
"I think we all have part of our desires that we choose not to act on, right? So for me, it's not just that the religion was important to me, but communion with a God who loves me, who accepts me right where I am."

'Yo dude, I accept you for who you are, but please don't **** that neighbor dude that's hotter than your wife without consequences for arbitrary reasons. Please and thank you'

Not to be a dick, but the arbitrary reasons have to do with God's relationship with Jesus. Idk how familiar you are with theology, but most Christians believe in the Trinity. The Trinity is a way to explain God. He is one God, with three persons, the Father, the son, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. All three are persons within one God. Confusing yes, but a good analogy is a three leaf clover- three leaf things, one clover leaf. Kinda make sense? Moving on.
The Holy Spirit is created by the love shared between the Father and the Son. This is a completely non-sexual (they are spiritual beings) relationship. Since the two persons have no biological sex, the sex doesn't matter, only the end result does. This love is a creating love. In a nutshell, God's love self sustains God.
God one day creates man. Christianity believes that man is made in God's image (having a spiritual aspect) as well as an animalistic (idk if that's a word) aspect (our bodies). Since God creates only good things (that can be abused or neglected), then humans have a chance to co-create through love. This is why many Christian churches believe that having children outside of a loving and faithful marriage is a sin. Humans are encouraged to create, but due to us having our bestial aspect, we also have sexual relations (which should only occur in conjunction with pure spiritual intentions. Through these relations, a third person (a baby) may be created.
Since homosexual couples cannot conceive a child (without outside help), and God's plan for creation (shown through himself) is all about creation, it stands that homosexual couples should not be married.
Marriage is supposed to be open to creation which is why contraception is also condemned.

As a logical argument it makes sense to me.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
lol its ok people will still ignore that post and be ignorant while calling others ignorant.
good thing that out-dated religious nonsense doesn't create our laws or rights

because otherwise wearing clothes made from two different materials would be illegal

as would pork

and divorce (fvckin lol)

and wearing gold
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Most_Triumphant
Not to be a dick, but the arbitrary reasons have to do with God's relationship with Jesus. Idk how familiar you are with theology, but most Christians believe in the Trinity. The Trinity is a way to explain God. He is one God, with three persons, the Father, the son, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. All three are persons within one God. Confusing yes, but a good analogy is a three leaf clover- three leaf things, one clover leaf. Kinda make sense? Moving on.
The Holy Spirit is created by the love shared between the Father and the Son. This is a completely non-sexual (they are spiritual beings) relationship. Since the two persons have no biological sex, the sex doesn't matter, only the end result does. This love is a creating love. In a nutshell, God's love self sustains God.
God one day creates man. Christianity believes that man is made in God's image (having a spiritual aspect) as well as an animalistic (idk if that's a word) aspect (our bodies). Since God creates only good things (that can be abused or neglected), then humans have a chance to co-create through love. This is why many Christian churches believe that having children outside of a loving and faithful marriage is a sin. Humans are encouraged to create, but due to us having our bestial aspect, we also have sexual relations (which should only occur in conjunction with pure spiritual intentions. Through these relations, a third person (a baby) may be created.
Since homosexual couples cannot conceive a child (without outside help), and God's plan for creation (shown through himself) is all about creation, it stands that homosexual couples should not be married.
Marriage is supposed to be open to creation which is why contraception is also condemned.

Not to be a dick either, but I was raised Catholic and I've heard that a million times before as a logical argument that makes absolutely no sense to me.
Quote by Most_Triumphant

wut

I tried approaching that post as someone who'd never learnt about christian religious beliefs before and now I'm just lost as shiet in the craycray.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by Pastafarian96

Cause you're fascist scum.

But seriously, why did everyone jump to hitler? I was originally thinking of the stoics.
Quote by Drop -D

But seriously, why did everyone jump to hitler? I was originally thinking of the stoics.

I was thinking of the 'ideal man', to be honest. The legends of our history tell us about the hardships of life, and some of them tell the story of the people who conquered it. Gandhi's quest to promote peaceful resistance comes to mind.

The internets r a jumpie plaece, aI suppoes.
Quote by mystical_1
Obviously bi
and if he isn't the honeymoon is going to be awkward af

edit: i sort of scrolled up and it's all nazi puns idek what is going on
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Last edited by Banjocal at Jan 4, 2015,
His choice, innit.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by Pastafarian96
Most instantly recognisable Fascist leader 82 years running

What does facism have to do with believing in ideals?

Quote by Lord_Doku
I was thinking of the 'ideal man', to be honest. The legends of our history tell us about the hardships of life, and some of them tell the story of the people who conquered it. Gandhi's quest to promote peaceful resistance comes to mind.

The internets r a jumpie plaece, aI suppoes.

this guy gets it
Page 1 of 2