i'm no expert at setups but i think you probably need to shim the neck.

the v6 is a strat-style guitar without a floyd usually, right? and you just put a floyd on there?

If so, yeah you'd probably have to shim the neck- a strat trem sits a fair bit lower than a top-mount floyd on a guitar's body.

shouldn't be too hard but I've never done it so I don't want to tell you wrong. But I'm sure there are guides on youtube or online somewhere. you basically just put a little bit of cardboard in the neck pocket to adjust the neck pitch.

EDIT: nice work on the EVH-ification, by the way
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
There's nothing wrong with the Floyd, it's as low as it can possibly go. The only way you can get it lower is to shim the neck. The other way is to recess the Floyd by routing out underneath it, but since you have a Franken Strat clone I doubt you wan't to do that. Just google on how to properly shim a neck to add more of an angle for lower action (or anything in that ball park) there's plenty of info on it out there.