Hi all,

I am a relatively newer guitar player. I currently have a couple of cheaper guitars and was thinking of upgrading.

I like the LP style and was thinking of getting an Epiphone LP-100, but I was in Guitar Center today and they had a used 2007 Epiphone LP Standard that looked brand new for about the same price.

Has anyone bought used guitars from Guitar Center? I usually don't like buying used, but this kind of made me indecisive. I really don't want to go above the $270-280 range. I would love to, but can't.

Thanks.
The LP100 is nothing like a les paul. Get the standard.
'91 Epiphone by Gibson Sheraton JLH
Godin 5th Avenue
ESP/LTD BELLA LUGOSI DRACULA
--
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Hughes & Kettner 1x12 w/ Vintage 30's
Fender Mustang II
VOX AD30VT
--
MXR Super Badass Distortion>Boss CE-5>Boss OC-3> ???
I wouldn't even think about the LP-100 if you can get a Standard for the same price.
Get the Standard.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Yeah get the standard for sure, the LP-100 is not very good.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Get the Standard.

I haven't bought a guitar used from GC, but got my Class5 and a couple of pedals used from them. So long as the iterm itself is in good shape I have no qualms buying 2nd hand from them.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7
Thanks all. I may swing by there on my way home from work and get it (if it is still there, lol). Like I said, it looks brand new. Did not see any scratches or any kind of signs of it being used. I was just concerned with it being used.
Guitar Center is usually pretty decent with used guitars in my experience. Just make sure to look it over, note anything wrong and ask about the return policy, usually you have 30 days to return at any time.
2013 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
Lakewood Sungha Jung Signature
Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster
LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
MIA Fender Strat VG + MiJ Mustang
Martin D1 +Tayor 210e
Kremona Rondo TL Classical
Gretsch G5120
Standard. My past couple guitars have been used GC finds and I've found some insanely good ones. I've yet to see a guitar on the used rack that has been horribly abused. You'll enjoy the standard and if not like they've already said that 30 day return policy is a life saver if something is wrong.