Hey whats up, just hit a month in with playing guitar.

My left hand middle finger is worn to raw skin, through peeled layers.

Should I say **** it and keep practicing or would that be disadvantageous.

thoughts?
stop, let your body recover. Superglue is also an option, but you do have to let yourself repair.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Read up on some theory or technique tips while you let yourself heal. Just because you need to back off with physically playing doesn't mean you have to let the time go to waste, learn the mental aspects of it.
Quote by Dysnomia
Read up on some theory or technique tips while you let yourself heal. Just because you need to back off with physically playing doesn't mean you have to let the time go to waste, learn the mental aspects of it.

Yep when you aren't playing those are good days to learn some theory and do some ear training exercises.
That's completely normal

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I played 15 days in a row and my fingers got callus's after the callus I was able to play chords better lol.

A tip from Eric Clapton supposedly: rub your fingertips with isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol three (3) times a day for a week or two for a beginner or someone who hasn't played for a while. This will dry out the skin and help calluses build very quickly. I tried this after not playing for about a year and it worked for me.
Last edited by Tazz3 at Jan 5, 2015,
Quote by Tazz3
I played 15 days in a row and my fingers got callus's after the callus I was able to play chords better lol.

A tip from Eric Clapton supposedly: rub your fingertips with isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol three (3) times a day for a week or two for a beginner or someone who hasn't played for a while. This will dry out the skin and help calluses build very quickly. I tried this after not playing for about a year and it worked for me.

I heard about that. What about when your fingertips are hard, but they skin is "ripped". Not to the point of bare skin, but you can see skin overlapping.

I've just reduced my playing, sort've. I'm addicted.
Agree, let it heal. It will come back stronger for longer.

The callus that eventually builds is completely worth it.
Fender HRD - LTD.
Epi Les Paul 100 series Lefty w/ SD HRD
Fender Mexi Tele - Lefty
Martin D45 lefty
BlueRidge BR- 160 - 12 Lefty
Ditto X2 Looper
Ibanez TS-9, FL 301('79)
MXR Carbon Copy, COMP
Fulltone OCD
EB VP Jr.
Yeah let it heel my callus was geting hung up on the strings lol I still stink, iam a little better then I was 2 months ago lol