I'm still planning to own & play that guitar for other music (non-metal) like dance, alternative rock, rock n roll/rockabilly, hard rock and classic rock.

I have heard alot of good things about the guitar. I went on Youtube website to check out some video of the guitar and it sounds pretty good. It can also play any kind of music I and anybody else want to.

Wanna know why I want to get that guitar? I want it to play it because I was influenced by entire Pretty Reckless band and Lady Gaga's song "Do What U Want", and I was mind blown in late 2013.

So, sorry for giving much example. Anyway, I'm looking forward to hear your thoughts on Epiphone LP Custom Pro electric guitar. Please be in good manger and attitude. Thank you!

PS. It doesn't matter to tell me what color of that guitar I would get, so it could be black or white.
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony w/ gold)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid amp head
Orange Crush Pro 120W amp head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Power Supply
Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Electro-Harmonix XO Metal Muff
MXR M-103 Blue Box
TC Electronic Dark Matter
TC Electronic Fangs Metal
If you want a les paul and dont want to put out for a Gibson or import a Navigator, then theres nothing wrong with an Epi. That said, if you don't care aout color, just be aware that you can save a little money (~10%) by grabbing a Traditional plus-top pro ( http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-PlusTop-Pro-Electric-Guitar-107602575-i2257298.gc ) instead. The ONLY difference for an Epiphone "custom" is the color.

Also be aware, that while Les Paul's are popular, they arent exactly what I would term versatile, they only have 22 frets and some people find the necks to be thick and slow (though thats a personal preference, some people absolutely love them and hate thinner necks) and they lack a tremolo. For classic rock and the other genres you named tho, it would probably work pretty well.
Be aware that most of the "sound quality" comes from a good amp however, not the guitar.
2013 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
Lakewood Sungha Jung Signature
Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster
LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
MIA Fender Strat VG + MiJ Mustang
Martin D1 +Tayor 210e
Kremona Rondo TL Classical
Gretsch G5120
I completely agree, although I just recently bought myself the Epiphone Les Paul Standard PlusTop Pro. The guitar sounds amazing, virtually no difference from a Gibson aside from the name. yeah a Gibson is a lot more expensive to make and buy, but soundness the Epiphany Les Paul is a great guitar for the money. Although battlespud is right, the Standard only costs $499, compared to the custom's $550. If you really want to spend an extra $50 for the gold plating and black or white colors, then by all means go for it. Both guitars are great, but exactly the same.
Quote by moskeedog
I completely agree, although I just recently bought myself the Epiphone Les Paul Standard PlusTop Pro. The guitar sounds amazing, virtually no difference from a Gibson aside from the name. yeah a Gibson is a lot more expensive to make and buy, but soundness the Epiphany Les Paul is a great guitar for the money. Although battlespud is right, the Standard only costs $499, compared to the custom's $550. If you really want to spend an extra $50 for the gold plating and black or white colors, then by all means go for it. Both guitars are great, but exactly the same.

I now understand both Epiphone LP guitar types are sounds the same. I just want to get that Epiphone LP Custom Pro for better looking. I also going to get gold knobs for the guitar too, so it makes the guitar looks amazing.
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
MXR M-103 Blue Box
I like Epiphone. They have interesting design features in many of their guitars. They're not as good as Gibsons as much as jealous people don't want you to believe. But for the money, they're really good guitars as long as you get a Standard or better.

Please take advantage of the fact that you're located in the west coast, where there are a lot of local guitar stores. Trying the guitar before buying it is very important, and even if it might cost a little more to buy the guitar from a store than online, its worth the extra expense to know that the one you're buying isn't a dud.

People are probably going to mention getting an Agile from Rondo Music in this thread too. I have absolutely no experience with them because I live in the UK, but they're all the rage because of their features and their value for money.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 5, 2015,
A lot of the new LP's come with coild splitting, while it is a neat feature you want to make sure that the guitar is working 100%. No dead POT, coil split as it should, action is decen, etc.
Fender HRD - LTD.
Epi Les Paul 100 series Lefty w/ SD HRD
Fender Mexi Tele - Lefty
Martin D45 lefty
BlueRidge BR- 160 - 12 Lefty
Ditto X2 Looper
Ibanez TS-9, FL 301('79)
MXR Carbon Copy, COMP
Fulltone OCD
EB VP Jr.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I like Epiphone. They have interesting design features in many of their guitars. They're not as good as Gibsons as much as jealous people don't want you to believe. But for the money, they're really good guitars as long as you get a Standard or better.

Please take advantage of the fact that you're located in the west coast, where there are a lot of local guitar stores. Trying the guitar before buying it is very important, and even if it might cost a little more to buy the guitar from a store than online, its worth the extra expense to know that the one you're buying isn't a dud.

People are probably going to mention getting an Agile from Rondo Music in this thread too. I have absolutely no experience with them because I live in the UK, but they're all the rage because of their features and their value for money.

Just looked up Rondo Music Shop website for the first time and, also, it's the first time I have heard of Agile guitars. However, there is some of the guitars that look the same as white/black Epiphone LP Custom Pro electric guitar.

http://www.rondomusic.com/callistocusbk.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/product7123.html

Anyway, I might not interested in any of these guitars. No offense.
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
MXR M-103 Blue Box
^ The LP custom classic looks so dope
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I have the Epi LP Tribute Plus and it is a great guitar. No compromises in hardware quality and looks amazing (dark cherry finish). I'm looking to buy another one.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Jan 6, 2015,
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Just looked up Rondo Music Shop website for the first time and, also, it's the first time I have heard of Agile guitars. However, there is some of the guitars that look the same as white/black Epiphone LP Custom Pro electric guitar.

http://www.rondomusic.com/callistocusbk.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/product7123.html

Anyway, I might not interested in any of these guitars. No offense.

Note that the Callisto isn't an Agile.
If you're looking for a guitar based primarily on its looks matching the Epiphone, then few of the Agiles will do. If you're looking for a very high value guitar for the money with excellent playability, that's a different story.

For example, the Custom Pro has a mahogany body with a very thin (approximately 1/16th") maple veneer over the top. The Agile AL-3100M has a full 3/4" solid maple cap, exactly the same as a higher-end Gibson. The Custom Pro has a rosewood fretboard and plastic inlays (generally considered lower end on the Gibson scale) while the Agile has an ebony fretboard and real Mother-of-Pearl inlays, as does the Gibson Custom. The Agile comes with hand-filed frets, an upgraded Graphtech bridge with String Saver Saddles and a Tusq nut. Other differences include Jumbo frets (on the Agile) compared to Medium Jumbo on the Epiphone and a 14" radius fretboard on the Agile compared to a 12" radius on the Epiphone. One other notable difference is that even though the Agile has higher-end features than the Epiphone, it's $399 as opposed to the $549 of the Epiphone Custom Pro (though you'll pay an additional $60 for the high-end hard case and probably $25 for shipping, but you'll pay no sales tax, whereas you'll pay a solid 9% for the Epiphone in CA). In short, the Agiles are considered serious bargains for the money.

The reason is that you're buying directly from the importer (Rondo Music), whereas with the Epiphone, you're paying an extra layer of profit to a reseller like Sweetwater or Guitar Splinter.

The Custom Pro's an excellent guitar, however, and it should give you years of playing enjoyment.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
I now understand both Epiphone LP guitar types are sounds the same. I just want to get that Epiphone LP Custom Pro for better looking. I also going to get gold knobs for the guitar too, so it makes the guitar looks amazing.
Go for it then. I wasn't really into the colors, so the standard looked better to me, but it's a great guitar, trust me. If you're like most people who aren't looking to spend over $2000 on a guitar, then that guitar is a great choice. The coil splitting feature is also an added bonus. I never liked the single coil sound that you get from Stratocasters and such, which is why I leaned more toward Les Paul style guitars, but these guitars allow you to achieve that same sound, if say you're playing a song that calls for it. No complaints
Quote by dspellman
Note that the Callisto isn't an Agile.
If you're looking for a guitar based primarily on its looks matching the Epiphone, then few of the Agiles will do. If you're looking for a very high value guitar for the money with excellent playability, that's a different story.

For example, the Custom Pro has a mahogany body with a very thin (approximately 1/16th") maple veneer over the top. The Agile AL-3100M has a full 3/4" solid maple cap, exactly the same as a higher-end Gibson. The Custom Pro has a rosewood fretboard and plastic inlays (generally considered lower end on the Gibson scale) while the Agile has an ebony fretboard and real Mother-of-Pearl inlays, as does the Gibson Custom. The Agile comes with hand-filed frets, an upgraded Graphtech bridge with String Saver Saddles and a Tusq nut. Other differences include Jumbo frets (on the Agile) compared to Medium Jumbo on the Epiphone and a 14" radius fretboard on the Agile compared to a 12" radius on the Epiphone. One other notable difference is that even though the Agile has higher-end features than the Epiphone, it's $399 as opposed to the $549 of the Epiphone Custom Pro (though you'll pay an additional $60 for the high-end hard case and probably $25 for shipping, but you'll pay no sales tax, whereas you'll pay a solid 9% for the Epiphone in CA). In short, the Agiles are considered serious bargains for the money.

The reason is that you're buying directly from the importer (Rondo Music), whereas with the Epiphone, you're paying an extra layer of profit to a reseller like Sweetwater or Guitar Splinter.

The Custom Pro's an excellent guitar, however, and it should give you years of playing enjoyment.

I understand the difference.
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
MXR M-103 Blue Box