There are plenty of them available at that price or similar, depending on the color. I don't think throwing a cheap multi-fx makes much of a difference.

Not that hard to punch the model into google shopping to at least get an idea of available prices.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Charvel+Desolation+Skatecaster+1&oq=Charvel+Desolation+Skatecaster+1&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i61&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=Charvel+Desolation+Skatecaster+1&safe=off&tbm=shop
Nah, that's not unreasonable for a Desolation.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Ok, perhaps I was looking at the wrong models...I did google for it but was coming up with results that were double the price and higher.

Are Charvels generally cheaper in price due to the name? Seems like a there's a lot there that you wouldn't find on the bigger name brands at that price point, mahogany, neck through, compound radius, locking tuners ?
Musician’s Friend was blowing out all sorts of Chavels for $199 and $299 in November and December. They’ve been turning up cheap on CL since.
Quote by jpnyc
Musician’s Friend was blowing out all sorts of Chavels for $199 and $299 in November and December. They’ve been turning up cheap on CL since.

That makes more sense, especially if it's a discontinued model. Is it a quality guitar for the money?
Quote by jpnyc

Ok yeah, he just responded saying he bought it about 4-5 weeks ago and played it for a couple hours but he is no longer able to play.
He probably bought it at the blowout price thinking the'd go back up and he could make a quick buck.

The desolation series has not been well received (quality issues) which might explain the big price drop.
Quote by Roc8995
He probably bought it at the blowout price thinking the'd go back up and he could make a quick buck.

The desolation series has not been well received (quality issues) which might explain the big price drop.

Thanks, I appreciate the insight.
thing is a charvel is harder to sell than a fender , gibson or PRS because most idiots will only touch those brands and their imports assuming that only those 3 brands are quality and never purchase anything else in their lives in experience which is the sad truth.

lmao wow I got flagged for this post.
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Jan 5, 2015,
Quote by Tallwood13
thing is a charvel is harder to sell than a fender , gibson or PRS because most idiots will only touch those brands and their imports assuming that only those 3 brands are quality.

Toppscore, is that you?

Anyway: Yeah the Desolation series was discontinued. I was almost gonna get one on blowout but common sense took over.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
nope, no idea who that is. i'm sort of new to this forum site and so far I'm not too impressed. I remember the desolation a bit. Their pickups came up on ebay a lot and I was enticed as they were fairly cheap actives to put in some project and flip as actives are still a popular fad where I live.

but yeah I've sold about 100 used guitars and it's me sharing some insight for those. So not to belittle anyone's sacred waterside decal but that is just business everyone just wants the "winner' brands and accentuate way too much on pickups or where their guitar was made.
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Jan 5, 2015,
A lot of our users aren't particularly impressed with you, either. Please stop being needlessly insulting of people with different opinions. No need to hang around if you can't be civil.
A lot? no you mean yourself. I've answered a lot of questions you guys weren't willing to answer in gear and electronics side of things so you guys need me more than you think. I see why everyone jumps ship and went on the seymour duncan forum as they have always been the best in my eyes.

We're on here to express opinions and get our questions answered. I've shared personal experience and insight from the business side of things as I've made a ton of money on craigslist so absolutely I am going to give reason for why that charvel was so cheap and assure him it's probably not defective or he'll have to learn the dreaded art of soldering. I'm not going to sugar coat it either so if this is offensive go somewhere else instead of starting arguments with some strangers as it's childish. I'm sure we're better than 13 year olds on youtube I'm sure.

To be fair there is some guys who play the big 3 brands know their gear but I took a shot at all the people who either never try new things, never venture out of the big 3, Who think a measly waterslide decal (brand) and where the guitar was made is quality assurance for production models (no production models perfect, go to a professional tech who did more than watch youtube videos). That is who I was taking a shot at.

...well.. see you guys on the gear/electronics side of here. I only ever reply to people wanting additional assistance on here for their questions. Send me a love letter instead if you want to start an argument roc8995