its like the jack is a switch too. i haven't come across this before. this is a 5f1. if it matters its got the volume knob that turns it on and off.

is this right? should i just do the tip sleeve?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The schematic and the switch are two different things. The schematic shows the dual input jacks, I'm sure you're familiar with that setup. The switched jack that you got with the kit is probably meant for the speaker out. Fender uses those so that if nothing is plugged into the speaker jack, it shorts across a resistor to save the output transformer from running an open circuit and frying itself.

Could be for an extension speaker out, too. Probably not meant for the input jack, though.
Quote by Roc8995
The schematic and the switch are two different things. The schematic shows the dual input jacks, I'm sure you're familiar with that setup. The switched jack that you got with the kit is probably meant for the speaker out. Fender uses those so that if nothing is plugged into the speaker jack, it shorts across a resistor to save the output transformer from running an open circuit and frying itself.

Could be for an extension speaker out, too. Probably not meant for the input jack, though.

that what i wast thinking. i am thinking, jack? schem? no bueno.

thanks.

oddly enough (as i am sure you know) its got two inputs, and one output jack. he must have thrown them together wrong. not a big deal. so i just have to desolder my jack for the output and put one of those there. no a big deal.

how would you run that jack for the output? just the tip and sleve as usual?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/