My beloved homemade cabinet's speakers are on the way out. It's weird, I actually feel a little bit like crying. Anyhow, I have to get a new cab ASAP because my band's going to the studio next week. I was scouring Craigslist, and I found a few things, but most notably a Marshall 1960A Lead cabinet for $350. Click here for the original listing. I've played my amp and pedals through this model before and it sounds really good, but my question to you is this: Is $350 a good deal for a cab that looks like that? I saw an eBay listing for one in nicer condition than that for the same price. What do you guys think this is worth?
that is a typical price here. make sure you get in there to look at the speakers. should be T75's. removing a handle and using a light should normally do it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by slimjimmypage
Do you think I could barter them down a bit?

no idea. call them and feel them out. but if in good shape its probably not much off.

i haven't shopped for a cab for a year or two i have at least six or seven.so i haven't bothered to looked for a while.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by Roc8995
Why not just replace the speakers in your cab?

You kind of need to know my cabinet to understand, I think. It's made of 1/8" furniture ply, so it's just incredibly alive when you play through it. That means that my trim pieces rattle a little, and my "master craftsmanship" is showcased. Those rattles aren't too bad, so I could just replace the speakers, BUT the current speakers are held in with apoxy. Which was very shortsighted, but I was a teenager, come on, cut me some slack.
1/8" plywood?

i use 7/8" for my cabs marine grade.

you really don't have a problem. providing you still have proper tools build a new one with thicker plywood..

or buy an empty cab, if the speakers are good so m
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by slimjimmypage
You kind of need to know my cabinet to understand, I think. It's made of 1/8" furniture ply, so it's just incredibly alive when you play through it. That means that my trim pieces rattle a little, and my "master craftsmanship" is showcased. Those rattles aren't too bad, so I could just replace the speakers, BUT the current speakers are held in with apoxy. Which was very shortsighted, but I was a teenager, come on, cut me some slack.

I can't even imagine how a 1/8" cabinet could stand a chance against the bass frequencies of a decent head
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I can't even imagine how a 1/8" cabinet could stand a chance against the bass frequencies of a decent head

I play a Fender JA-90 through a Sovtek MIG-50, so that's bass city. I must have done a good job with it because it's survived three years of hours a day and a handful of gigs before becoming dilapidated.
It's an ok day, not a great deal. I paid about $300 for my 1960AX cabinet for reference, though mine was pretty beat up. This was also about 4 years ago, so I'm not sure what prices are doing these days.
Just a little closure here: I got it for $325, which I'm very happy with because it sounds amazing, and has two Vintage 30s in it. The speakers are all in very good condition and the enclosure is very nice. The tolex and grille look better than in the listing's pictures, for sure. A very, very, very good pairing with my signal chain, amp and guitars.