While my amp is still at a shop that's fixing some issues, I decided to leave my beloved Gibson SG in it's Epiphone SG case (figured that would be better than leaving it unused on a stand, catching dust). It has been there for nearly two months now (taken out every now and then though) and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong (well other than my imagination about what might be wrong).

Does it hurt to leave it in the case like that? Recently the top of my acoustic case warped a bit as it had rested against the wall for 3-4 months and I am scared as heck my guitar's neck might warp in some way. I probably shouldn't be afraid but I just want to be 100% sure because that SG is probably the thing I care most about.

So to summarise my question: does leaving a guitar in a Epiphone hardshell case for 2-3 months bring any risk to damage my SG in any kind of way?

PS: I know I worry too much. I am just quite young and I don't have that much money and I worked my ass of for that guitar.
It should be OK. Just keep it away from any heater vents or baseboard heaters. I learned the hard way that hot air can sometimes mess with a set necks glue. Keeping it in a hardshell case is always a good idea as far as I know. I'm sure others may have different thoughts but in a short term situation as long as it's not getting changes in temp on a regular basis it's OK.
Keeping a guitar in its case is the safest possible way to store a guitar.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
As long as it's not in a place where temperatures are extreme or vary a fair bit it should be totally fine
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Dressing my steak with cum is just adding more protein to my steak.

Quote by Roc8995
The Hello Kitty Strat is the most metal guitar known to man.
Quote by theworldofjaspe

Does it hurt to leave it in the case like that?

So to summarise my question: does leaving a guitar in a Epiphone hardshell case for 2-3 months bring any risk to damage my SG in any kind of way?

No.

I suggest two things, however.

One, go to theruststore.com and buy a VCI (Vapor Corrosion Inhibitor) -- should run you about $10, and it will last you at least a year. It will help protect your guitar from corrosion while in the case.

Two, put a piece of credit-card-thickness plastic between the strings and the frets for the full length of the neck whenever the guitar is in the case. Two reasons for this -- one, it will prevent the strings from impacting the frets and putting dents in them (you've probably seen at least one guitar with wound-string shapes in a fret or two) and two, it will prevent electrical contact between the frets and strings that can accelerate corrosion of the frets.
Quote by jaymz9350
The only risk I see is it getting sad from not being played.

I'm just as said as my guitar then haha.

Thanks guys. I'll look into the vaporizer thing tomorrow.

At least I am able to sleep without worrying haha.