Hey man!

So, I have an electric guitar, but no amp. I've only been playing acoustics, but as I've got more and more into rock/metal music, I thought it was about time that I started to play the electric as well.

I've been looking at this amp: http://www.thomann.de/dk/orange_crush_pix_35ldx.htm

It's just for jammin in my room. My budget is around 150 pounds. ( 250 dollars )

Can I get anything decent?
sure several of the modellers are pretty good at that kind of money. the cube is decent as tony said (though the higher wattage models tend to have more amp models), and the peavey vypyr gets a good rep (though I haven't tried it).

How quietly do you have to play? if it's whisper volume an amp mightn't be the best option.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I play all sorts really. Seether, Lenny Kravitz, Nirvana, Levellers... Just the music I like.

And I don't have to be quite no.
Look for a second hand Vypyr. Very versatile, only problem with buying new is that the foot controllers cost £80 or £150 quid depending which one you get.
My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.
Quote by Gingerlocks
Is it better than the Orange?

Not sure sorry, I've heard good things about the Roland though. Have a look at reviews on this site and others.
Peavey Vypyrs are also a popular choice as beginner amps.
+1 For a Roland Cube. I have a 20X and it's pretty versatile, you might want to work towards getting a few pedals, too though.

I'm a fan of the VOX Valvetronix series. Maybe look into a VT20+. It has (a) tube in it so that's nice, and it has more modeling options to learn with.
Peavey Vypyr
Vox VT40+
Fender Mustang
are all ok at that budget. The Orange gets alright reviews too. All much of a muchness
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Quote by Gingerlocks

And I don't have to be quite no.

yeah if you don't have to play super-quiet then i'd probably get an amp. some of the modellers do certain tones/amp modelling better than others so you sort of have to try them to see which works best for the specific types of music you play. or else just take pot luck and order one of the well-regarded ones and it'd probably be ok. the cube and vypyr tend to be more recommended for heavier stuff while the vox (and maybe mustang) tend to be more recommended for lighter stuff. I think.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?