Hey guys, I'll keep it simple. I have an MXR 'dc brick' which puts out 9v at 2 amps or 18v at 2 amps. I also have a Line 6 Pod HD500x which requires 9v at 3 amps. Obviously a single output on the MXR can't supply enough current for the POD to work.

Is there a way to maybe use two of the MXR outputs to get 3A out of it to be able to power the HD500 to take up one less wall socket?
Thanks
No it wont work, the dcbrick if it says is max rated for 2A then that's the most it can supply. Using two outlets wont increase the amperage.

Check the tech specs on the hd500x to see if they've provided the power consumption data for the unit itself.

A word of caution, if the hd does draw 3A then plugging it into the dc brick might cause the mxr to overheat & stop working.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Cajundaddy

you can only kill it with higher voltage. you'll kill a power supply by trying to draw more current than it puts out.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
you can only kill it with higher voltage. you'll kill a power supply by trying to draw more current than it puts out.

Not exactly. You could kill both. Drawing more current from the power supply will cause it to overheat. If the Pod is presenting an inductive load to the power supply voltage will drop as current increases. They could very well both go up in smoke.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Kind of lucky I tried it briefly, it didn't work and I unplugged it then
I have no problems with using a multi-outlet extension, although I only have one wall socket in my room, so currently I have 3 of them daisy chained and I can't imagine adding another is a great thing!
The MXR doesn't put out 2A per outlet, it supplies a maximum of 2A TOTAL.

From the manual:

• Eight 9V outputs can handle an average of 150 mA each, or a total of 1200 mA in
any configuration.
• Two 18V outputs can handle an average of 400 mA each, or a total of 800 mA in any configuration.
• All outputs may be used simultaneously for a total current output of up to 2000 mA.

So yeah, it won't work.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin